Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant, I have some forum questions..

Hi Ant,

Would it be possible to add a spell check feature which I think helps big tyme

It's just that I'v bin to meny other forums with that feature and eye found it too bee
    very helpfill

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

I faind thees tottalee yiousless
      PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

That would be nice considering that Bad English was my first language...Heheheh

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yes and one other thing:

The "Clear Fields" button at the bottom is totally useless. Except for me axedentally pushing the ESC button and clearing all my typo! this has happened three times to me, and then I had written alot too. Annoys the hell outa me, since I never remember exactly what I wrote, and refrasing everything is much harder than it sounds like (at least for me).

I use IE 5.0. pherhaps there's some sort of way to turn it off within the browser?

I see in the source that TYPE="RESET", and IE connects that commando with the ESC button.

Comment

Here, here! I couldn't agree more about that clear fields button!

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Something like a spellchecker would have to be part of the forum software and it isn't with UBB. I find it a little worry that you don't proof read before posting

How does someone accidently hit Esc? That's like a pilot accidently hiting the Eject button. I think you should try getting better coordinated,

Comment

See? I can be good!!! Here I am, not saying anything at all about the "Site Feedback" forum that no one ever looks at....

----------------------
                Holly, jerking Ant's chain, just because...!
                Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Motub, yup, you're totally right about the Site Feedback forum. No one reads it (shame on you Ant). I have asked many times that the HTML syntax errors could be fixed. And not mentioning redirring ads..

Now I got the following error during accessing the forums:

Internal Server Error
                  The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                  Please contact the server administrator, admin@gagames.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

GaGames hits again.

-Tumu

------------------
                  Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.3),
                  64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
                  PD5.13, SB16 Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES,
                  Win95OSR2.1 finnish

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 10-04-1999).]
                  Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                  64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                  Win98 finnish

Comment

I read every forum and every message Tumu so there is no shame on me, do you realise how many postings there are to these forums a day and how long that takes me? If I feel a response is required from me it gets one

I've not seen the error message you quote and nobdy else has reported it to me.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 10-03-1999).]

Comment

Ant, I had the same error today at 330ish server time.......all i do is go to anther site then try again to reach MURC..I am using Netscape 4.04 on Win98....sorry to show there is something going on here
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I've done what you say with IE, Netscape and Opera and can't repeat it.

Comment

Well, got it 3 times in a row upon trying to answer here

Using NS4.7 on Win98.

Jorden.

P.S: used Holly's name by accident

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 10-03-1999).]
                          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Perhaps I could direct your attention to the following site -> http://forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/forumd...e=5&LastLogin=

chuck

------------------
                            ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@44kh, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Ant, well, if you have read those posts about HTML syntax errors and redirring ads, have you done or will you do anything about them? It would be nice if those issues could be resolved.

About the error message, I'm using IE5 so it's not a browser dependant error. The error seems to have disappeared for now, so it could have been some network problem at the GaGames end.

-Tumu

------------------
                              Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.3),
                              64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
                              PD5.20, SB16 Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES,
                              Win95OSR2.1 finnish

[This message has been edited by Tumu (edited 10-04-1999).]
                              Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                              64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                              Win98 finnish

Comment

Working...
                              X