Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I realy like to see for the G400!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I realy like to see for the G400!!!

What I realy like to see for the G400 is 3D Shutter glasses!

Are there any that work with the G400?
    Haven't seen any, could Matrox maybe develop driver support for, lets say, the Elsa Relevator (Really cool( http:\\www.elsa.com )). Or develop their own?

Just wondering, hoping, wishing here!!!!!!

------------------

Xor'Arch

PIII 550Mhz, 256 MB, 10,2 GB 7200 rpm HD, Teac 6x24 cd SCSI burner, Pioneer 6x32 SCSI DVD ROM, Matrox G400 32Mb DualHead, SBLive! Player and lots of other stuff.

Xor'Arch

Duron@856Mhz (for the moment), 256 MB RAM, 33 GB 7200 rpm HD ATA/66, Teac 6x24 cd SCSI burner, Pioneer 6x32 SCSI DVD ROM, Matrox G400 32Mb DualHead, SBLive! Player.

me too! me too!

Comment

That would be a _really_ kickass feature. Unfortunately, I doubt this is possible by just writing drivers. I worked some over the summer with stereo support for graphics cards, and the card itself has to be designed to support the feature. I'm not sure of the specs for the G400 memory, but stereo (3D) video output usually involves interleaving banks of memory and alternating between line draws from the banks in conjunction with the lcd shutter glasses switching. Would be interesting to try with a g400 and see what happens though.

Comment

The glasses of ELSA uses S-VHS out... And it is also compatible to Diamond Viper 550/770 w/ TV-out series...

In other words, the trick is that the glasses gets the vertical refresh signal from it.

So I think G400 DH should be able to compatible to that if there is driver support...
        P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Yes, the hardware doesn't have to be designed for the glasses - it's a driver issue. Case in point my H3D/Eyescream glasses will work with any Voodoo 2 cards. I e-mailed wicked3d about support for other cards they said they had a driver working for the TNT and TNT2 and would not comment on the G400 but they said "anything is possible (wink)" leading me to believe they may be working on a driver for the G400. The Eyescream glasses are unfortunately no longer sold but they can be found if you look hard enough. Ebay has them for sale regularly.
          Vanilla G400 DH (5.25 and beta ICD), Celeron 366 o/c 550 mhz, BE6, 128 megs cas2 PC100, IBM 22 gig 66 udma, SB Live, Kenwood 52x, Viewsonic P810, Win98SE

Comment

yes, but doesn't the vidcard need a port to plug them into? I still have the glasses which came with my Total3D (yes, old tech, I know) but I don't think I can use those...? and I assume I would have the same problem if I bought new... am I wrong??

----------------------------
            Holly, who is apparently soon to join the ranks of MAX owners (!) with my lowly K6-2 (!!)
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

I'd love to see a MAX-based Marvel with
              full hardware DVD decoding, full hardware MPEG2 encoding AND of course, 3D stereoscopic glasses...

... and full hardware espresso machine, upgradeable with a dish-washer addon... :P

(dreams, dreams...)

but seriously, 3D glasses do kick major ass,
              unfortunately big companies like Matrox or Creative are still afraid to innovate in this area...
              I guess we need some kind of StereoFX company to promote this, just like 3DFX did with the 3D graphics

------------------
              ... There's No Spoon!
              ... There's No Spoon!

Comment

REAL 3D cards, now that's something that's long been a goal, but you really need a standard and a market for it to really get off the ground. Just about every company to try does so with a proprietary technology as if they are going to create a market that way. Don't think the technology is there yet anyway, not enough kinks worked out. I can't see buying 3D glasses for the sake of a demo bundled with them or something, until it's mainstream it's just a toy like a kid gets for XMass and leaves in a corner after a couple of days.

Comment

What if matrox (or someone else) developed DualHead Glasses. A seperate "monitor" for each eye should give some nice 3d effects.

Comment

This isn't that difficult. All you need is two cameras, in slightly different positions. A Dual-Head enabled card would really help there. Anyway if the G400 had more texture processing units, and drivers to support dual CPU systems, A high framerate would be possible as well...

------------------
                    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

I have a VFX1 virtual reality headset with motion tracking and a cyber puck (basically a 3D tracking mouse). The only problem is that it wont work with any of the newer graphics cards. It needs to be plugged into the feature connector on the graphics card which must be able to output 640x480 at 256 colours. Very few of the feature connectors on graphics boards are even enabled these days (or so I have been told). Not to mention that it will not seem to work with any AGP graphics cards at all. As you can imagine, what I would like to see, is a new graphics card that supports my headset. Otherwise, this is the most expensive non-working computer component that I own.

Cmag

------------------
                      Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich
                      Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

Comment

Working...
                      X