Win 2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2k

Someone have tried the driver version 490 ?
    I have The Beta 3 release 2031 and don't work ....

No problems here. I use RC2 (build 2128) though. I Just installed this driver, so I don't have any other info yet.

Comment

MatroxG400MAX, try without any of your PCI/ISA stuff. I got BSOD when I had my awe64 gold in...

----------------------
      During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."

Comment

Whatever they changed from the NT4 drivers, Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 still BSODs on the G400 driver. It used to be mga64.dll, now it is g400.dll.

Sucks...

------------------
        P2c-300a/450, 192MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Creative Labs AWE64 Gold Sound Blaster, A-Trend Voodoo II 12MB, Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

The only thing they changed was the installation procedyre (you can select the other option now) and software OGL for applications. and added a BSOD if you have a SB awe64 in

And for them to do this it took a month of whining and harrasing, and finally some wiseguy in the Matrox leaderhut said "hey, I heard someone said the NT 4.0 drivers could actually work in win2k, why don't we post THEM as a win2k driver?".

Smart move, Matrox. Now I get one less warning when I install drivers, and I can finally use OGL preview in Lightwave 3D. Now how about multimonitor support and defaulting refreshrate to highest monitor can handle? Damn it can't be that hard, when it's already in winNT and win9x??? Just port it over or something...

My monitor have 12 saveable settings and that's only enough for one 85Hz setting in the resolutions I play games...

End of Ant Rant...

-----------------------
          I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.

Comment

Im tired of trying to pretend I understand what every goddamn geekaoloid acronym means. Would you mind spelling it out for us poor people who cant read your mind? What the hell is BSOD???

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

blue screen of death...

and added a BSOD if you have a SB awe64 in

I bet you thought it was some kind of java visualisation with EMBM for eh?

win2k's BSOD's look kinda tough... like cool or something

Fish

Comment

Ah.. TYVMFCTM

(thank you very much for clarifying the matter)

------------------
                Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

That reminds me of something KvH, I've always wondered what ROTFLMA (or something similar) means.

I know it's related to laughing though...

Comment

Well,
                    FYI it's ROTFLMAO, rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

TTFN,
                    Wombat
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

rolling on the floor laughing ... got it. TYVMFCTM.
                      now, FYI is easy but what does TTFN mean?

Comment

It's a very old British saying.

TTFN = ta ta for now

------------------
                        Dean
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

on 2128 the driver totally screws up my color pallet. the NT4 driver runs perfectly stable.

Comment

your colour pallet? is that in photoshop or something?

Comment

Working...
                            X