Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set default 166mhz core speed for G400Max?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set default 166mhz core speed for G400Max?????

Well,
    how do you do it? someone told me that the speed is actually 150 mhz. I tried using powerstrip and that thinger on the download page but could only get 166/220 which made my system unstable. Is 150 right? Is there a way to set the core speed differnt from the memory speed without them interfering with one another? Thanks.

If you use MGATweak, you can change the clock dividers and PLL clock to get close. Set PLL to 412, GCLK to 2.50, MCLK to 2.00, and WCLK to 2.50. That should do it. If you get instabilities, (ie. anomalies) type in a slightly lower number for your PLL clock. Don't forget to create a shortcut in your startup folder, and select "run minimized" Show us your improvements, if any.

Comment

The default setting of clock dividers is optimal for G400. I can't recall anyone getting better results while changing the default dividers. Max default is 300 MHz SClk, 1.5 and 2.0 dividers, giving 200 MHz MClk and 150 MHz GClk & WClk. You may overclock the board by 5..10% just by changing the SClk. And Matrox Tweak is really good and safe for this purpose.

Comment

Working...
      X