No announcement yet.

TI: The RT2000 supports 2 VGA monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TI: The RT2000 supports 2 VGA monitors?

Chris,

I know these will sound like silly questions, but since I will most likely wind up purchasing an RT2000, I just want to be absolutely certain about a couple of points.

In your followup to the RT2000 and DV500 previews, you say "In non-editing mode, users can make use of the G400 dual-head features by using two VA monitors..."

I just want to confirm that you intended to say two VGA monitors, as this is an important feature for me.

I also want to be clear about "In editing mode, a Millennium G200 PCI card can be added in order to provide both a stretched display and TV monitoring." Again, I know this is totally obvious, but here goes anyway. The G200 will provide the second VGA monitor display, and the G400 will provide the TV monitoring. As a bonus, with this configuration the second monitor can go to higher resolutions (1920 x 1200) than the G400's second VGA output (1280 x 1024).

Hi DaddyBay,

Yes, I meant VGA not VA monitors. It seems that the BOB cable is different from that used on the Marvels in that it connects to both a port on the RT2000 AND onto the second DualHead VGA connector on the G400 Flex. This allows you (with some judicious replugging) to use the G400 as a "normal" G400 Millennium. I can't really add anything about using a PCI G200 Millennium as a secondary adaptor apart from Matrox tell me that it is possible. Naturally since there aren't any RT2Ks out in the public domain yet I can't get independent confirmation of this.

Comment

Thank you. This information is a most welcome surprise.

Hopefully the RT2000 will get into the hands of reviewers soon...

Comment

Working...
      X