Cooling G400 32 mg card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling G400 32 mg card

Finally broke down and ordered the g400 32mg dual card today$160 del(had ordered the max from matrox online but canceled-$256 for a card that will be outdated in 3-4 months is just too much darn money)

Anyway, suggestion for cooling and overclocking the card. I have the tenmax cooler on my CL TNT card now. Can I put tenmax on top of the heatsink that comes with the g400 or is it better to remove the heatsink and then put the temax directly on the chip? Or are there other cooling methods recommended that don't include the above?

Thanks for you help-really looking forward to the visual delights of the g400

Charlie

I am cooling mine with an old 486 CPU fan attached to the heatsink and I clock mine to 150/200. Verified by running G400SET.

Check out www.murc.ws for the files.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 10-01-1999).]
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Does the card need a fan to be overclocked? Whats the limit without a fan?

I know their is an overclocking utility.

Last year I tried the 486 cooling fan on the TNT heatsink, but it was really noisy so I went for the tenmax

Comment

cshaws- I use a card cooler. It's two fans on a rail. It requires no mods to the card, so it doesn't void any warenties. It also cools aditional cards, the AGP plus anything in the next 3 slots, and the back of the next card. The whole system runs cooler, it's inexpencive and quiet. Not a bad combo.
        I think it's available at: http://www.thecardcooler.com

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

Thanks. Just ordered one

Comment

Right about now is when Maggi's picture of his G400 cooler should show up....
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Tennmax has a new version of cooler for G400, I believe its the "B", "X" was the old 1. I just used a socket 7 fan I had laying around, worked great.

Seems people are getting all kinds of different numbers for o/c, check to see if you got the faster ram on yours, you might be a lucky person with MAX features.

Derek
              Wishing for snow, want to go skiing so bad its killing me.

Comment

Working...
              X