g400 and busmastering issues/solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 and busmastering issues/solutions

I don't think I've seen this answered for sure, or if its all rumor and hearsay.

Is there an issue with the G400 and bus-mastering? and is it a Matrox issue or is it a hardware issue with other items or both?

I don't recall the Matrox employees, resident experts, or NDA'ers have made any comments on whether or not they ever had the problem and its fixed or what. I'm wondering where to go next.

thanks

bryan

I'm a "resident NDA'er".
    And I have never had a single busmastering issue with my g400 or the g200 before it.

Some (not all) users with Abit mobos seem to have some issues, but nothing I have ever seen with my Asus mobo...

Smooth sailing as always
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin,

thanks for the info. It's also happening on a socket 7 board mine(I know I know) and only rears its ugly head during the g400 demo or Everquest. I don't do any other super intense card pushers however.

bryan

Comment

Some SBLive! users have this problem too, as well as Happauge PCI TV Tuner card owners.

Comment

just installed the new 5.20 drivers, enabled bus mastering and everquest didn't hang. good sign. Going to try the g400 demo now

Comment

well tried the 5.20 drivers with g400 demo and that didn't hang either. so stability so far so good. have to measure video speed.

Comment

Working...
            X