nonstable pic when pausing video on pcvcr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nonstable pic when pausing video on pcvcr

when pausing video on a vcr or camcorder connected to my RRG and G400max using pcvcr, The output displayed threw the monitor or tv(using duelhead)is unstable. when i play the video normally(unpaused) the picture is fine. But when i pause, the image flickers and jumps. If i connect the same vcr directly to a tv the pic is fine. as soon as i pass it threw the RRG and pc vcr and pause it Jitters and blacks in and out. I assume this may be an input level issue. Is there any way to tweak the card to accept a lower level input video signal? Or is this a problem with the card trying to display only a single frame of video instead of a full field? i am displaying in ntsc
    thanx in advance for all your help.

------------------

I have a MArvel G200 and i experience the same problem...
    ------------------------------
    Hardware:
    Maxtrox Marvel G200-TV AGP.....|.Windows 98 SE
    PII 400 Mhz ( no overclock )......|.Maxtor 9.1 Gb (IDE)
    Asus P2B...............................|.Western Digital 8.4 Gb (IDE)
    256 Meg RAM..........................|.Maxtor 27.2 Gb (IDE)
    SB16 AWE32...........................|.Lexmark 7000
    Cable Modem

Comment

If a frame contains motion, two fields are different. So, the image will change from one filed to another, giving flickering effect.

If this is your problem, you can check: does the image flicker on frames with no motion? If it still flickers, you have another problem.

I am not sure if it is possible to set the player to display single field, interpolated over entire frame. If yes - do this. If no - take it as is. As I remember, any screen shot in PC VCR remote take single field from a frame.

Grigory

Comment

I've made some pictures that resumes what i see...
        Bandit373,
        is that what you see too ?

it "flickers" between these images (approximation)

- My VCR is in the "Pause" mode
        - These stills were taken with pcvcr and converted to jpg

Mig.

[This message has been edited by Migou (edited 01 December 1999).]
        ------------------------------
        Hardware:
        Maxtrox Marvel G200-TV AGP.....|.Windows 98 SE
        PII 400 Mhz ( no overclock )......|.Maxtor 9.1 Gb (IDE)
        Asus P2B...............................|.Western Digital 8.4 Gb (IDE)
        256 Meg RAM..........................|.Maxtor 27.2 Gb (IDE)
        SB16 AWE32...........................|.Lexmark 7000
        Cable Modem

Comment

migou thats exactly what i see. At least i know now this is a common problem. Now if i could just find someone with a solution, if there is one?

------------------

Comment

Most VCR's and camcorders, because they're analog, produce the same jitter when they're paused. Your card just doesn't have a good way of dealing with it, 'cuz no matter what, it's gotta figure out a 704x480 picture out of the mess. TV's have less of a problem dealing with that sort of thing.

If you're trying to capture a still frame, you might want to try either grabbing it while the video is playing or capturing video and picking out the frame you want.

If you're only watching video, then it's just normal. Almost all VCR's do that.

Comment

Working...
            X