OpenGL won't work on G400 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL won't work on G400 HELP

OK. Granted I'm not an expert but I cannot get my G400 16 to work on OpenGL. In Hexen II it craps and kicks me back to software mode. In Half-Life it kicks me back out and says that my card doesn't support OpenGL. In Quake II the screen goes scrambled.
    My system is an Abit BX6 r2.0 Celeron 466 (not overclocked) and I am using 16 bit color. The card works great in Direct3D (ok it does crap occasionally in Half-Life). I have the latest drivers and Powerdesk from Matrox.
    Should I just get a different card???
    Matrox tech support was NO help at ALL.

Do you have DualHead Multi-Monitor enabled?

OpenGL will not work with Multi-Monitor mode enabled.

------------------
    Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. V2 SLI rig. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster Live!, DeskTop Theater DTT2500 DIGITAL Speaker System (Sweeeeeet!), 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba SD-M1212 6x DVD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, Intel Pro/100+ client NIC, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Creative Dxr3 DVD decoder card, Hitachi GD-2500 6x DVD-ROM, Win98 SE

All specs subject to change.

[This message has been edited by IceStorm (edited 09-28-1999).]
    The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

I have the single head style.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Boot up into safe mode.

Remove all video adapters from Device Manager - they're only exposed when in Safe Mode.

Reboot into Windows (not safe mode).

Reinstall your G400.

See if that helps...
        The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
        The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
        The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Thanks for trying to help but I decided this card wasn't worth the trouble. I'm now enjoying the ease and great graphics of my new Voodoo3.

Comment

Umm, hold on, I've just heard the words 'great graphics' and 'voodoo 3' in the same sentence, and there's not a negative in there anywhere. Someone tell me I'm not imagining things!

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

For the last year i've been testing for a hardware site. Now I admit, I could be doing something wrong, but my ancient Creative TNT beats the crap out of the G400 SH 32Mb is quake2. I'm not even mentioning the V3-3000 or the AsusTNT2 Ultra which both surpassed the Dimond Viper 770, with ease, and naturally simply left the TNT 1 in the dust.

now I know that it runs any Direct3D game a lot better by design, but this is sad for any quake lover...

Comment

I can't get OpenGL to work on my G200..

I posted the details: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001253.html

Comment

Oh, is this thread too old for people to reply to again? I guess posting stuff in Matrox Gaming is a waste of time too...

Comment

Working...
                  X