Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 skipping problem

Hi all,
    i just got my G400 yesterday and it is very fast. The only problem is that in direct 3D or OGL, there is some "skipping" like if the screen freeze a fraction of second to allow another hardware piece to do something. I had this problem with my G200 also and it turns out to be a program running in background that was poking the modem each 2 or 3 seconds. But this time, i have only 4 or 5 needed programs running in background.

I read somewhere that the PCI slot 1 share resources with the AGP slot, can it be the problem ? My SoundBlaster 128 is located in the PCI slot just beside the AGP slot. I will try to move it tonight. Can someone explain me the problem please ? I have fps up to 55 but the skipping is evident. Can it be something else ?

thanks in advance,
    Sylvain

------------------
    P2-350@392, ASUS P2B, 64 MB, G400 DualHead 32 meg (made in Ireland),SoundBlaster 128, Quantum Fireball EL 7.6, Optiquest V75
    P2-350@392, ASUS P2B, 64 MB, G400 DualHead 32 meg (made in Ireland),SoundBlaster 128, Quantum Fireball EL 7.6, Optiquest V75
Working...
X