Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 TV tuner won't work

Hello..

I've owned a marvel g200 AGP w/ tv for about 11 months now, and can't seem to get the TV tuner part of the card to work anymore. I came back home from college and thus didn't use it for about 3 months, and now that I am back, I need it for TV!! I have tried reinstalled clean drivers, fooling with IRQs, etc etc etc.. Even my HD has crashed in the meantime, and I am now using a brand new Windows98 install. *Can this be so hard?* I mean, everything else on the card works...

Heres the kicker.. I've gotten it to work for about 5 hours one day, NO CLUE why.. but i remember later that day (no reboots) I reloaded pc-tv and it wouldnt find it.. I've talked to tech support, all they've said is that its an IRQ conflict, even though I keep telling them it worked once or twice. I feel blown off

System Specs:

Abit BH6
    p2-400 (not oc/d)
    128meg Sdram
    Marvel g200 agp
    Tekram PCI scsi card
    3com PCI NIC
    Sb Live! value

PS. I just got the SB Live, so the problems were happening with no sound card also..

Thanks for any help guys.

You failed to mention exactly what wasn't working about it. Error message, bad video, no video, black screen, green screen, Blue screen O' death, what?

------------------
    JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

Comment

I had a problem like yours about a year ago. The TV turner would not get detected but some times it would actually work. The problem turned out to be a bad crystal oscillator on the circuit board in the BOB. I have experience with electronics so it was not a big deal to remove the bad crystal and install a new one. It isn't hard to do but you have to know how to solder. This might not be what you wanted to hear but your symptoms seem to be the same as mine and after I did the fix the problem was gone and hasn't been back since.

Later,
      Jake

Comment

Working...
      X