DVDMax Info????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax Info????

Hi, i'm just wondering, does the G400Max do DVDMax for DVD players other than the Matrox Cinemaster one?

Does it even do it for Windows Media Player??

Thanx in advance,
    Qeteb
    Hey, this is a neat place where i can write private stuff, right?

Good, then i would like to say........ Hi mom!!!!

It does, Ive tried the PowerDVD codec, and that works. Im too cheap to buy it though, so I only had the evaluation version, and that only lets you play DVDs for 6 minutes. Im not sure if its meant to, but it locks up your PC after that 6 minutes

Ali

Comment

Hey, i don't know why your computer would lock up after 6min. but you can get a timelimit remover from http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Derby/2659/main.html

Oh, did you have it set on DVDMax or on CLone, or both?

Qeteb

Comment

DVD Max works with every programs that uses an overlay window. I've tested so far:

MatroxDVD
        Cinemaster
        PowerDVD
        Windows Media Player

Comment

XingDVD chokes on the G400 after about 5 minutes - just dies.

MatroxDVD and Cinemaster are the same thing. Tried an ATI DVD player, and the same thing - Cinemaster's program with a slightly different interface.

Windows Media Player uses the codecs that the other DVD players install.

Don't know about PowerDVD. I'll have to try it. I want to rip my DVDs and convert them to VCDs so I can watch them on my notebook (no DVD in the notebook), but Cinemaster's programs don't work with DVDRip, it seems.

Just my $0.02

------------------
          Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. V2 SLI rig. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster Live!, Altec Lansing AC5 spkrs, 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba SD-M1212 6x DVD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, Intel Pro/100+ client NIC, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Creative Dxr3 DVD decoder card, Hitachi GD-2500 6x DVD-ROM, Win98 SE

All specs subject to change.

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

I tried that link, and got the full eval version of powerDVD2 (I was on 1.6 I think) and it works without crashing, only problem is I get a greenish yellow shadow on all my DVDs.

this is using DVDmax at 1024X768 PAL with a Toshiba SDW1101 SCSI DVD RAM and a P3 600 (6X100).

I dont get that shadow with the Matrox player, but the matrox one seems to be stuck on resizing the movies to full screen rather that wide screen format.

Ive played with all the settings in the DVDMax tab and inside the matrox player itself, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas?

Ali

Comment

In the DVDmax tab of the display properties, you should have it set to
              "preserve aspect ratio"
              "4:3 standard"
              "detect based on video window size"
              and your DVDs should play in the proper format on your TV...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ali, are u playing PAL or NTSC? If ure using PAL then this is probably the cause. go back to DVDigest and get the update to 2.096 and it should work.

Good Luck!

Qeteb

Comment

Indeed Cinemaster is the same as Matrox DVD and Ati's.
                  PowerDVD does also work and you can make screenshots at any time...Cool for making backgrounds or whatever.

Comment

right, I spent some time last night playing around, and I had to uninstall and reinstall Matrox DVD player to get letterbox working again.

I used Kruzins (sp?) settings, and it was the same. I was using PAL, and tried NTSC, and nothing changed (my TV can do both)

I tried different resolutions for the output, and no change.

I tried with both zone1 and zone 4 DVDs (im in New Zealand), and it was the same.

i think I must have stuffed something in the Matrox DVD player settings when I installed the new powerDVD. They are both working now, so thanks everybody.

Ali

Comment

Every time I run the Matrox DVD player it gives me the error "Another application is preventing DVD playback"

I'm on a fresh install of Win98/2 and haven't loaded anything other than the Matrox drivers.

Has anyone else had this problem?
                      -Mikey-

Comment

Working...
                      X