Whatever happened to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to...

the OpenGL ICD that was 'previewed' in July? I've been away for the past three weeks so, alot of things could've happened (or not) Or, did it change into the 'TurboGL' that is being tossed around these days? If it is, sure was nice of Matrox to not mention the P3/Athlon connection back in July

The one previewed in July is the one currently available as the "beta" ICD (no drivers, just the ICD), available for dowload separatly from murc or Matrox.

The TurboGL is an entirely different deal...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The one previewed in July is a full OpenGL ICD (now currently available) whereas the TurboGL driver is a miniGL driver.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 09-28-1999).]

Comment

If it is the current drivers (5.25 + beta ICD) then, where is the increase in Quake2 performance shown back in July. The new drivers didn't seem to be any faster in this area (for me anyway). Maybe I am not remembering my old numbers right... ANyone see any performance increase? Should I start digging in the archived messages?

Thanks

Comment

Nobody said it was the current ICD in 5.25.

Go back and read my post again.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin: I am aware of the 'beta ICD'. Maybe you should re-read my post

so, anyone seeing increased performance with this ICD?

Comment

Working...
            X