Overclocking issues with the "Turbo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking issues with the "Turbo"

Firing squad has a nice writ-up on the Marvel/G400/16meg,(16 is all you get I guess)
    They had this disclaimer: Overclocking issues
    Unfortunately, we were unable to overclock the Marvel with the TurboGL driver installed. The Matrox Tweak Utility program usually has a slider for overclocking, but if the TurboGL driver is installed, the overclocking slider no longer appears in the Utility window.

Is this going to put a stop to O/C ? the Turbo ? just wondering.....

Thresh

------------------
    PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Does this mean that TurboGL is just a sneaky overclocker disguised as a Turbo driver??

_
    B

Comment

If this is true, then why does this mcd require an SIMD enabled processor to run?
      PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Easy Kids there can be many explanations. This is not the X-files

------------------
        PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

OMG WHERE'S MY SLIDER?!!!

hahahaha!!!
          poor Thresh

------------------
          Primary system:
          Celeron 366@550, 256Mb 7ns RAM, Asus P2B rev1.10,10,8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA + 4,3Gb Fujitsu MPC UDMA HDD, SBLive! + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Etherlink III ISA NIC, G400 DH 32Mb @ 160/201, Philips 107S 17' Secondary monitor, Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF Primary monitor.

Secondary system:
          Celeron 266@448, 128Mb 8ns RAM, Asus P2B, WDCaviar 5,1Gb UDMA HDD, Creative SB32 with 8mb RAM, A-Open 36X UDMA CD-ROM Drive, Winbond 940F NIC, DiamondMM Viper550 16mb @ 115/120, Target generic 17' Monitor.
          Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
          Enter The Sphere:
          go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

He're why he couldn't o/c with the TurboGL...

-The Matrox overclocker only works with 5.2x and higher drivers.

-The beta TurboGL currently only works with 5.1x drivers.

When the final TurboGL comes out with 5.3x (which the overclocker does work with), you will be able to do both.

Mystery solved
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The big K is right as usual.

Comment

Kruzin, Skinner wants to see you in his office right away!

Comment

We get the best conspiracy theories here. Next thing you know, people will accuse Matrox of being responsible for that Masonic flag on the moon.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

By the way, I was being sarcastic.

_
                    B

Comment

It'd be impossible anyway. I have seen 60% increase in frame rates, and I don't think that it is possible to overclock by 60%!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

GD,
                        If this is true, then why does this mcd require an SIMD enabled processor to run?
                        That's what made it "sneaky" in my first reply..

_
                        B

Comment

Steve,
                          That just means you aren't running a Celeron
                          chuck

------------------
                          ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@????, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well..... I have a PII-333 @ 515Mhz... That's nearly 55% over the top.

------------------
                            Cheers,
                            Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Working...
                            X