Bitter, party of one, Bitter!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter, party of one, Bitter!?!

OK so preorder my g400max a few months ago. Get with 5.13 drivers card never works while accelerated. RMA the card 8/2/99. Still have not seen card nor given any idea when I might expect to see it. My last e-mail went something like...

"Why am I being completely ignored? I have asked for the process through which to either get my G400MAX card replaced by 9/24/99 or my money back. As we approach the 9/24/99 date, I fear I will have neither. My card has been in your possession since August 2nd. My next step is to call my credit card company or my lawyer. I've paid nearly 300 dollars for a product and have not had the chance to use it. I am also going to contact the Better Business Bureau to see what rights I have if any. I no longer want this card, I just want my money back, please tell me how to do that. I will be filing a lawsuit next week to try and get this matter resolved quickly."

Lawsuit thing is a little extreme but hey, I've been a loyal Matrox customer for years and I realy feel like I'm getting the shaft on this one. Has anyone ever had to go to legal action to get money back or card?

RMA# 824318

------------------
    PII/400 386MB, 27GB, G200, SB live!, DSL, yadda, yadda, yadda
    PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

personaly i never had a problem like that. i have had to wait a real long time 6 weeks to get my g400 reg but it worked. i would call your credit card company and see what they can do. sueing matrox would cost you way to much in the long run time as well as money. and you have a 50/50 chance of wining exspecialy if the problem with the rma'ed card was something with your hardware (incompatablity) just my opinion. your credit card company will problly do more for you if you can get ahold of an account manager and they care about customer service (dont conunt on discover card as they only want your money not your satifaction, unless you get real lucky and gett one of the very few managers who give a shit)

------------------
    rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Hey Haig, I know this is not your area(Customer Service) but is there anything you can do to help skeeech out??? He has listed his RMA number.

Pauly
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanks all. I actually got a tracking number and everything for my G400Max. I guess I'll get it when what 3day special means. I'll see if I have my card by 10-1-99.

------------------
        PII/400 386MB, 27GB, G200, SB live!, DSL, yadda, yadda, yadda
        PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

Comment

<Font color=red> <Blink>GREAT!!!!</Blink></Font>

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 09-27-1999).]
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Sad that he had to publicly denounce Matrox on a pretty popular forum to get them to respond.

3 days late
            A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Working...
            X