Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

geFARCE256 is fast new and super ? HAHA ! (check this out !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geFARCE256 is fast new and super ? HAHA ! (check this out !)

They have benchmarked a creative geSPOT256 against a tnt2ultra ....

http://www.kbench.com/korean/mouse_p...ce256_e_x.html

Do you consider this performance true "next generation" ?? ....NOT !

------------------
    aka Chris H

Comment

muahahahah !...& DEPRIVED realy belived that G-force 256 will be 7X faster than UTNT2 or G400/G400MAX... ...LOL....MUAHAHAHAHA!

G400 stays THE BIG KING! uups...TURBOGL....hmmmm....what then !

yes,yes,yes !

------------------
      PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
      PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

So you guys have allready made up your minds based on a couple of early non-optimized benchmarks on a card that is running at 120mhz, ok that makes sense hmmm...
        Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Just checked out the revised G400 review at Anandtech and he sums it all up by saying that without the "turbo gl", performance is still crippled and that everyone who owns a PII or Celeron or K6 should get a TNT2 or V3 instead.

Even the alpha drivers of the GeForce produce better performance than the current distributed drivers of the G400 MAX. And the Savage 2000 is also just around the corner.

One last thing, distributors are STILL not getting the MAX in sufficient numbers to meet their pre-order demands.

All of these result in making the G400 and the MAX the WRONG choice for non PIII and Athlon gamers.

I think that this is becoming increasingly clear.

Comment

This thread blows dead goats, but heres a fact:

The GF256 *will* be running at 120mhz stock, according to nvidia anyway

Comment

That "review" was one of the worst I've read...

1. It's supposed architectural overview was filled with mistakes.

2. The benchmarks showed numbers that were obviously running up against either a CPU limit or a VSync limit (just look at the Kingpin benchmarks), though the review didn't state which limit had been hit (a terrible omission in my mind).

3. Keep in mind that these "benchmarks" are on prerelease hardware (no matter how close it is to production, it is still prerelease hardware) on prerelease drivers. It wouldn't exactly be fair to compare it to released product and released drivers.

Oh, and yes, I do have a MAX on order, so I'm not just here to troll.

Comment

Ok, a couple of things about those benchmarks..

1. none of those tests were DirectX7 tests
                2. the geFORCE256 needs DirectX7
                3. DirectX7 was not out(other than Beta)
                4. not final drivers on the card my bet.

Ok, I will agree that the OpenGL test was not that great, But I don't know if quake2s' openGl was written with T&L in mind. Like EBM that has to be turned on in the program

------------------------------------------
                Fear is the Mind killer..Little minds lots of fear..
                ------------------------------------------

Comment

well ehh... it may be so that the G-Farce "only" runs at 120Mhz, but what does the G400 run at eh? "only" 125Mhz!!!
                  Ha!
                  Oh yeah, I'm not a P3/Athlon user, but my Celeron runs everything just fine with the g400. Also, im pretty sure the upcoming TurboGL wont just speed up P3's and such, but will also be speedier overall. In any case, its too early to speculate.
                  Just want to say one more thing. Matrox driver support rules! And i'm NEVER going for a S3 card, because you guys here have obviously never had a ViRGE card. S3 driver support sucks *ss!!! Savage2000... yeah right, next driver update expected in: 2000!!!!
                  get a g400, its got everything you need. EM-Bump-Mapping, DualHead, good DVD, Fast, Clean 3D, Last but not least Excellent drivers!!! If matrox keeps making these excellent drivers, I am staying with Matrox cards forever...

------------------
                  Primary system:
                  Celeron 366@550, 256Mb 7ns RAM, Asus P2B rev1.10,10,8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA + 4,3Gb Fujitsu MPC UDMA HDD, SBLive! + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Etherlink III ISA NIC, G400 DH 32Mb @ 160/201, Philips 107S 17' Secondary monitor, Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF Primary monitor.

Secondary system:
                  Celeron 266@448, 128Mb 8ns RAM, Asus P2B, WDCaviar 5,1Gb UDMA HDD, Creative SB32 with 8mb RAM, A-Open 36X UDMA CD-ROM Drive, Winbond 940F NIC, DiamondMM Viper550 16mb @ 115/120, Target generic 17' Monitor.
                  Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
                  Enter The Sphere:
                  go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

A little point about Anandtech, to show he has nothing more than the perspective of a kid playing games.

He went to Canada with Ant and some other reviewers last week. Anand's mommy went with him. Yea...the punk barely has a drivers licence. Just another kid who just runs game benchmarks all day because he wouldn't know a real app if it bit him on the ankle. I certainly wouldn't put much worth to his conclusions. If it's not run, shoot, run, shoot, he has no clue...
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

1. none of those tests were DirectX7 tests
                      2. the geFORCE256 needs DirectX7
                      3. DirectX7 was not out(other than Beta)
                      Ummmm....GeSPot does not need DX7 for OpenGL, and in the OpenGL tests, it sucked just as bad.
                      4. not final drivers on the card my bet.
                      Hyuk, duhhhhhh..., Hyuk.... YA THINK???

And Anand.....well, I don't think that totally playable high resolution frame rates in Q3 really means that the G400 is severely crippled currently. Yes, I think it has a disadvantage, but crippled???? I wonder if Anand's girlfriend is Tom Pabst?

Rags

------------------
                      FedEx Sucks!

Comment

After seeing the early rough edges of the g400's entry into the market, I find it kind of ironic that any g400 fan would be criticizing the g-farce, err g-spot, umm geforce... (uhh yeah!) even before it's out. Yes, hype does blow everything out of proportion... look at the voodoo3: it was nothing more than a banshee with an SLI fillrate. Considering NONE of those games benchmarked support T&L fully, I'd say it's a little premature to say this is as good or near as it gets. I still think some of what Nvidia claims is a little bogus (the polygon rendering capabilites being 3+ faster than a p3 500). And even if it isn't, seeing something like that in real gaming situations is an entirely different situation. It's all theoretical right now... and the guessing game is up to the developers. We just found out recently that quake3 doesn't support multitexturing (yet)... which explains a whole lot of things to some people: Why such and such card performs so well in q3... while another doesnt.

What would impress me about the geforce? I'd like to see nvidia write up a slick ass NT driver like 3dlabs did for it's oxygen series on multiprocessor systems. When the cards gpu is being used fully, it goes to the extra processor and uses all of it for the extra boost in power. Of course, the linux fans would just like some attention period.

*Matrix DVD came in today... man that movie kicks ass*

[This message has been edited by absalom (edited 09-24-1999).]

Comment

Only 1 thing to say here:

Visual Quality

I rest my case. ha

G400 all the way baby!

Rags, you kill me with that geSpot saying!
                          makes me laugh everytime

Derek
                          Wishing for snow, want to go skiing so bad its killing me.

Comment

Although I think that ragging Anand (who I like, overall) about going to Canada with his mom (maybe she wanted a vacation!) is overkill, and off-topic, I have to agree with Kruzin and JeremyGray on the usefulness of the AnandTech re-review...

It starts by saying that Matrox's major clients are in the professional market... but ends by saying that in not supporting K6-2/3, Celeron and P2 users, Matrox loses a huge chunk of the market... which isn't their major market, anyway, so how huge a chunk are we talking about, here?

Yes, I know it's us, so we care, but we also know that they'll get to us. At least I do. And as I have said before, I think the statement "the next-gen cards are right around the corner" is little but hot air... even if they started shipping silicon tomorrow (which they won't), by the time production ramps up and the bugs are worked out, we'll be round the corner, across the street, and home in bed.

Matrox may be a bit behind the times, true. But they have a lot more longevity than any curent-gen, much less next-gen card projected... you'll be happier longer with a Matrox card than any other...
                            but maybe we games enthusiasts (or you young whippersnappers) don't care about <u>value for your money</u>?

------------------
                            Holly
                            "...\Till the one day when the lady met this fellow\ And they knew that it was much more than a hunch.." What? System specs? Oh, yes, right...Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, Maxtor 7GB HDD, LS-120, Promise Ultra33 EIDE controller, Diamond Monster Sound MX300, HP 8100i CD-RW, Hi-Val (Nakamichi) 16X 5-disk CD changer, Win98 +SR1...oh yeah, and a Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM.

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 09-24-1999).]
                            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

You, Motub, are absolutely right if you just said what I think you said. The aforementioned CPU's users are probably not Matrox's target market.
                              p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

Working...
                              X