G400 MAX at Simply Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX at Simply Computers

I have just checked the Simply Computers site and it says they have the cards in stock. I ordered one last week when they had none and didnt expect any until November. Hopefully this means mine should come any day now. Is there anyone in a similar situation that has received their card from them or is expecting one and been contacted by Simply to confirm delivery?

Yeah, me again!!

I was hoping someone else was in the same situation as me. Ordered G400 MAX while web site said 80 days till stock. The site now again says 80 days. I haven't received my MAX. Is there ANYONE else who has done this, do u know whats happening?

Comment

I got mine from Insight's uk website. I ordered the Max about 4 weeks ago and it arrived within 7 days or so of placing the order.

Comment

I've had my max for nearly a month now. I ordered it from simply way back in June, and recieved it at the beginning of Sep (4th). There's simply a shortage of the cards, and at one point, Andrew (my trade contact at Simply) was quite keen on the idea that I picked some up whilst on holiday in Canada. Neddeless to say, in August, the cards were nowhere to be seen there. They'll arrive, hopefully sooner rather than later - and they're well worth it.

------------------
        Sometimes, just sometimes, the things I say make sense!
        Sometimes, just sometimes, the things I say make sense!

Comment

Well, it's not a MAX, but I couldn't find a Plain old G400 32MB DH anywhere for love nor money. Then I phoned Simply AND THEY HAD THEM IN STOCK!!!! I got mine the next day. I think the moral of this story is to phone the suppliers everyday, and find out if they have some in stock - I was due to wait for 4 weeks till software warehouse had them in. Either that or order them straight from Matrox on their website.

Cheers,

Richie
          -------------------------
          Systems:

Mine :
          AMD K6-2 400
          FIC VA-503+
          64MB PC-100
          Matrox G400
          17GB HD
          36x CD-ROM
          Logictec Trackman Marble +

Hers:
          AMD K6-2 450
          FIC VA-503+
          64MB
          Matrox Mystique 220
          Voodoo 2
          2GB HD
          6.4GB HD
          6x CD-ROM

Spare:
          Intel P200 MMX
          TX M/B
          32MB
          Cirrus Logic 5446 (2MB)
          Voodoo 1
          2GB HD
          24x SCSI CD-ROM
          2x2x6 SCSI RICOH MP6200S CD-ReWriter

Comment

I got an email back saying even though they had some in stock, i wont get mine till November still!!!!!!

Sorry, a bit off topic, but, Richie Jarvis did u go to Trinity 6th Form?

Comment

Funny thing... I've been hyped-up on getting a G400 Max for the past several months. I ordered one not too long ago, and have been waiting and waiting.

Well, I think our friends at Matrox have missed the sweet spot yet again.

While waiting, I continued to read the various hardware sites and research the card. Well, now there's the info about the TurboGL/mini-ICD (see www.anandtech.com for more)... and it turns out that it ain't gonna support squat other than PIIIs and Athlons (maybe, no support in current Beta, so it could be many moons away!). Half the gaming scene is running overclocked Celerons, and the bloody TurboGL ain't gonna support ya unless you've got SSE. Granted... Celerons are going to come out that support SSE and all that, but by that time, something bigger & better will certainly be here (hell, I'm not even certain that the G400 Max is really "here", since the Matrox store is about the only place that has em).

In the past (before 3D existed) I was really been a fan of Matrox, but from what I see there's not enough benefit to this product to take the gamble. Sure, dual-head and all that is cool, but it barely beats the TNT2 Ultra heavy hitters, and only on the very high-end... and not with OpenGL stuff.

Order canceled, gonna pick up a Guillemot MaxiGamer Xentor32 for $190... nice to know ya' Matrox. Looks like the great ol' Millennium II really is my last Matrox product.

Comment

Working...
              X