Matrox to release new product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox to release new product?

There are rumours on the www.dimension3d.com site that Matrox are on the point of announcing a new product - Any ideas peeps?

MAybe we´ll see a GPU from MAtrox? But I dont believe that...
    -maxie-

Comment

Still waiting for "official" announcemnts on G400Marvel and RT2000...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I thought the RT 2000 was officially announced already, wasn't it?

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Yep the RT2000 was officially announced a while back.

Comment

but not the G400 Marvel?

Now now, don't get excited. Remember 3dfx' napalm might be delayed until late january...

But I must say though... A Millennium G800 UltraMax for christmas is on my whishlist ¦b

Now, we know that at the moment EMBM is king but... what about EMBM and motion-blur and depth of field plus full-scene antialiasing? Now THAT's hollywood at your desktop. Hopefully a windows 2000 desktop

-------------------

Sometimes you have to be careful when selecting a new nickname for yourself. For instance, let's say you have chosen the nickname "Fly Head". Normally, you would think that "Fly Head" would mean a person who had beautiful swept-back features, as if flying though the air. But think again. Couldn't it also mean "having a head like a fly"? I'm afraid some people might actually think that.

Comment

You guys are gonna be a little disappointed if you are expecting a next gen card.

Comment

Yap. Don't get any excited...

Comment

I would be most impressed if Matrox got their damn MAX's to the retail guys...errrrr

Scott

------------------
                  Celeron300A@464 abit BH6 mobo, Marvel G200, V2 SLI, 128MB RAM, 19inch Optiquest Monitor, SB live!

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Hey Ant,
                    Saw you mention the RT2000 on your site, after your trip to Canada, any word you can release on it's release date (yes signed up for the list to be notified), and what the "other" product was?

MArk F.

------------------
                    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                    and burped out a movie

Comment

Well Ant,

This link sure looks like a next gen from Matrox to me....

"I'll hopefully be taking a closer look at the card in November when the first samples are due to go out however until then I'll have to tide you all over with the two other things I left Matrox's headquarters with. Unfortunately, both of those "things" are under NDA but luckily those NDAs are due to expire this week. So keep your eyes peeled for two new Matrox related items later this week on AnandTech."

Comment

OK so the RT2000 now around November (moved back some, how MATROX), and the two products don't include the RT2000. But NDA till some time this week. The plot thickens. Well today was a bit of a let down on the MATROX hardware front. G-Night

Mark F.

------------------
                        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                        --------------------------------------------------
                        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                        and burped out a movie

Comment

The RT2K guys said it would be out Q4 99, BUT they are not going to release it until it is ready, they will not rush just to hit a deadline and with something like the RT2K I think they are quite right. This thing really is a huge bargain at $1200!

You will NOT be seeing a next gen announcment from Matrox, believe what you think you are reading at Anand if you wish but I was there

There will be two announcments this week but not until the NDAs expire, first will be tomorrow, keep an eye on the MURC. And nobody said it was two new product announcemnts.

I've just taken a look at what Anand said and he his talking about the RT2K when he says he'll hopefully be taking a look in November.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 09-21-1999).]

Comment

My two guesses are:
                            - Marvel G400
                            - G250 board (a faster G200)

And I hope they will come up with something more interesting than that...

Comment

My guess is....

That lotsa people are gonna like at least one of the announcements.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X