Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH, NO!!! Something ate my G200 BIOS!

Hi, guys:

I booted up my computer today, and lo n behold, there's no bootup screen. I let continue booting, and when Windows loaded the GUI, it started working.

Now, drawing on the knowledge that I have gained from this forum, I thought to myself, "Gee, this sounds kind of like when someone updates his BIOS, and it fails." The thing is, I haven't updated the BIOS for quite a while. I tried to re-flash the BIOS with the new Windows-based flasher, and it gave me an error: 0x300 or something like that. The Windows-based flasher works, because I have used it a bunch of times successfully.

I have an emergency recovery disk that I haven't tried, yet, but I think something ate my BIOS. Has anyone experienced this before?

I guess it's time to get that G400.
    While I'm at it, I may as well ask... Is the G400 16MB worth spending money on? Can you upgrade to 32MB?

Bill

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

[This message has been edited by billko (edited 09-24-1999).]

no you can't upgrade from 16 to 32 meg

its up to you weither you want to get the 32 or 16 meg version. but i would order a oem 32 card over a 16 meg for a few $ more you get the memory and dual head is cool

------------------
    rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
    wow what's wrong with me today usally i just sit here read the posts anmd mumble to my self it must be that mars probe failing bulshit that nasa is trying to pull again that's got me all worked up.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Drat...

Used the emergency G200 BIOS recovery disk that I had made, then re-updated the BIOS, and it works.

I'm semi-relieved, since I couldn't really afford a G400 yet - but it would've been a good way to get one and justify going further into debt with CitiBank...

Bill

------------------

Comment

I had the same problem withm my Marvel G200 a few months ago. I overclocked my cpu (Celeron 300@415) and suddenly the Vcore of my Asusboard was too high (ocer 3 volt). I rstarted a few times and then my Marvel went black. I searched the internet for help until I found this page
        http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

it helped me to fix my Matrox bios ( I had no emergency disk)...

------------------
        this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native
        I love Matrox...

Comment

Hey!

Good news - the budget commitee approved my purchase of a new G400, in spite of the fact that it was no longer a critical purchase.

Bill

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X