Turd Buffer in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turd Buffer in action

Here's a couple NFS screenshots showing a before and after pic with the Turd Buffer.

www.voodooextreme.com/images/3dfx/tbuffer.html

Whadda ya get when you add Turd Buffer antialiasing to already bad graphics... Blury graphics with jaggies aka The Turd Buffer.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 09-24-1999).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Ohhhh....I can't wait 200fps of DooDoo4.

eeehhh...TunaBuffet.

Comment

See what we mean when we talk about the t-buffer upgrading your entire game library. Look at the tops of the buildings, the lines on the street and the top of the bunting.
      ooooh, <u>the top of the bunting</u>!!!!Lookat it!!! It's makin' me hot, I tell ya! I've never before been so aroused by the image quality on the top of the freakin' bunting...!

Now imagine this image quality at 60 fsps at 10 x 7 x 32. Pretty stunning.
      Please... stop... any more and I may just come right now, I'm so stunned....! Maybe it's not the bunting, maybe it's the lines on the street doin' me... or those building tops, they just don't quit, either...

And I thought Dual Head was exciting, or EMBM. Just goes to show you what <u>I</u> know... I'd better stick to Barbie Fashon Designer Tournament for the Color GameBoy (during the plane ride)....

------------------------
      Holly
      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Rabid Matrox freaks, the lot of you, you like image quality then spit on AA? For shame.

Comment

Hey Paul - that's not nice taking the p*ss out of us irish people (OK, OK, I'm only half irish, but still).

Turd Buffer indeed!

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

As a Matrox devotee, i still would like to commend other card manufactures for trying new and exciting technology. With Matrox adding embm and DH to the their products other manufacturers have to be seen to be trying something new as well, cue Nvidia with Geforce and its geometry engine, 3dfx with T-Buffer and S3 with its texture compression, so all in all, i think we as punters will be getting a better deal in future, although i'll probably stick with M.

Tony
            To understand life we should remove complexity and find simplicity.
            Tony 1999

Comment

Steve,

Now my girlfriend knows your half Irish she thinks you might be a bit of alright. She's got a thing for you Irish blokes, must be all that Guiness.

cheers mate

Tony
              Tony 1999

Comment

There are companies that try to do that, they tend to get labeled sellers of vapourware ala BitBoys.

Comment

Whadda ya get when you add Turd Buffer antialiasing to already bad graphics... Blury graphics with jaggies aka The Turd Buffer.
                  Paul,

You are right on that except that it's a Voodoo3 shot with Anti-Aliasing added to it. Note that it doesn't say that the shot is from Voodoo4, does it?
                  Those images has been around for a while and they all are from special 8xVoodoo3 rig that emulates T-Buffer.

You can't jump on conclusions about the visual quality of Voodoo4 from that any more than someone could pull m3D when discussing about Matrox products quality!

And I'm not leaping to 3dfx camp myself, but let's keep facts for facts here.

_
                  B

Comment

Sorry Buuri,
                    But I never mentioned the V4, only how BAD the image quality is.

Warpaint, is not to be confused with a Fashion Statement...

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 09-24-1999).]
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I'm sorry too,
                      but it's bad because it's from Voodoo3. So in other words it's not T-Buffers fault..

Anyway..

_
                      B

Comment

Can't the G400 do anti-aliasing? I mean, ok, the lower picture looks better but ... yeah. anti-aliasing does that. T-Buffer or not...
                        Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                        Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                        1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                        200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                        Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                        768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

wait a sec let me get this straight. crud piture looks better with smothed out lines ?

isn't blury shit even though it has smoth lines still blury shit.

3dfx so fast its blury (really its blury becuase its fast. not crap rendering)

------------------
                          rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
                          wow what's wrong with me today usally i just sit here read the posts anmd mumble to my self it must be that mars probe failing bulshit that nasa is trying to pull again that's got me all worked up.
                          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Steve,

my girlfriend is enchantingly goodlooking (really) but she says she'll only have you if you get a Ge-spot or is it Ge-force as your next card, whatever, you'll have to decamp from the big M if you want her.

Tony
                            Tony 1999

Comment

The way I see it, all the 3dfx(crement) stuff will be pretty useless at high framerates. Sure it looks better in screenshots. But how often do YOU play screenshots, and enjoy screenshots? The before and after shots from the GeFarce camp, with and without T&L (fill in your own favorite name) look much more compellling. It's a difference that will be visable while running/driveing/flying/moveing through the areas, ie while playing the games.
                              Before I have to get my asbestose suite, for the BigM response, let me say this. If I understand the postings I read about the BigM interview in the new MaxPC (haven't got mine yet, d@mb mail system), we'll have the same opertunities and adventages with their/our next round of cards (and maybe fill rates around 3d(image quality)FiXedsoon(their fathfull hope), AHH the best of both worlds). Of cource running on Matrox Standard Time, that will be after GeFarce is updated (their game plan: New product every year, updated 6 months later).

Ducking for cover,
                              Mark F.

------------------
                              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 09-24-1999).]
                              Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                              and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
                              X