Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Press announcement #1....TurboGL ICD for G400 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press announcement #1....TurboGL ICD for G400 !!!

http://www.murc.ws/reviews/turbogl/turbogl.html

Ant just posted it! What we've been waiting for.

TurboGL ICD !!!!

A mini-GL driver for the G400 and OGL based games.

SUCK THAT GeSPOT

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 09-22-1999).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Now T&L stands for Tail Lights.

------------------
    FedEx Sucks!

Comment

Oh how sweet it is
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

the graphs dont do me a bit of good. Where is the file? Do we have to wait for G800

and it only works on P3 and K7. **PUKE**

what bullshit

[This message has been edited by rickn (edited 09-22-1999).]

Comment

^
          |
          |
          |
          |
          A CLASSIC WHINER!

------------------
          FedEx Sucks!

Comment

^
            |
            |
            |
            |

Classic ****ole

Comment

WHINE! WHINE! WHINE!

Comment

Well, it doesn't convince me that I want a G400. Not if I'd have to change my case, MB, CPU just to go with it.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Aren't we missing a point here??? This starts with the P3 and K7, and then it can be optimized for all the others. This is a BIG start. Sheeeeesh!!!

Rags

------------------
                  FedEx Sucks!

Comment

I think matrox is missing the boat by ignoring celeron and p2 owners. It is obvious they have some issues with triangle setup and require SSE and 3dnow.

[This message has been edited by rickn (edited 09-22-1999).]

Comment

Amazing.

Matrox do something as significant as this, and whiners come crawling out of the woodwork

This will eventually get to the P2/K6 owners as well. But they wanted to do what they could, as soon as they could. Would it have been better if they kept it all under wraps untill all chips where supported? I don't think so.

Comment

rickn,

Do you think that a celery or a P2 should perform as well as a P3??? The current beta drivers are only optimized for the K7 and P3, there was nothing saying that the release MiniGL's won't have similar gains for the lower end of the chip spectrum.

Rags

PS, how many times do you need to be told that there is nothing wrong with it's triangle setup??? D3D is using the same TS as OpenGL, and D3D rocks the other card's worlds.
                        ------------------
                        FedEx Sucks!

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 09-22-1999).]

Comment

rickn -

You don't understand what this is.
                          It's a miniGL.

It goes around all drivers, and takes OGL calls from the games directly to the chip. It has nothing to do with the triangle setup, it has to do with writing a MiniGL optimised individually for each processor.

The first one they wrote was for the P3, and they used any optimizations they could for that chip. Next they will write one optimised for K7. Then they will do P2 and K6. And they will release each as it is ready.

This initial release should show that Matrox are commited to giving us better customer support. They're getting things out the door in record time these past few weeks...

Comment

Too bad no g200 support.

Guess we have to settle with what we got.

Comment

Kruzin: than why can't they get the same type of performance on a celeron system in openGL as they do in Direct3d, without the use of a MiniGL? Why do they need SSE? The only explanation is they need SSE, hence the support for only P3 and K7

they are ignoring a very large portion of gamers by optimizing for P3 and K7 only, not to mention pissing off customers like myself.

I am suppose to be happy about this. Oh yeah, im ecstatic now that I will need to go out and buy a new cpu. NOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X