GeeeeeHype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeeeeeHype

That was Nvidia actually ment when they made their "new" chip that was world's "first" gpu
    and that it will be "7x times (-6x)" better, and everybody will go and "buy it"!

and just a comment about Mac
    How dare they say that their G4 is "Fastest" desktop cpu if my dad has Silicon Graphics with RISC, and that is a desktop, and I wonder who is going to throw out their PC and go buy mac, and WHY IN THE HELL some really shitty computer that is 500mhz that u can buy for $800 same config but with p3 cost 1500???
    MACS SUCKS
    9X WINDOZE SUCKS
    NT/2000 RULEZ
    LINUC RULEZ
    lol
    (i am bored)
    Matrox Millennium G400 Dual Head - English
    Resolution 800*600
    Color Depth 16-bit Color
    Frame Buffer Triple buffering
    Refresh Rate VSync Off
    CPU Optimization AMD 3DNow!(tm)
    3DMark Result 5420.49 3DMarks
    Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9142.76 CPU 3DMarks
    Rasterizer Score 2206.33 3DRasterMarks
    Game 1 - Race 63.58 FPS
    Game 2 - First Person 47.24 FPS
    Processor Type AMD-K7(tm) Processor
    Processor Speed 500 MHz
    Physical Memory 128 MB

lol, nobody wants to flame me till i'll die
    Resolution 800*600
    Color Depth 16-bit Color
    Refresh Rate VSync Off
    Game 1 - Race 63.58 FPS
    Processor Speed 500 MHz
    Physical Memory 128 MB

Comment

G4 PPC is a RISC processor isn't it? Probably would be one hell of a nice chip to have in any machine but a Mac.
      Games Box
      --------------
      Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
      ------
      Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
      -------------
      Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

When I went to see Motorola down in Texas, the G4 really impressed me. That vector unit can do 15,000 adds in ONE clock. I really do think they design better processors than Intel. Now if I could just surround them with some decent hardware...
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Mac's are not that bad. BUT, why the hell would they take a bad ass machine like the G4 and stick a ati rage 128 in it??? They should of used a G400Max to go with the g4. Makes sense to me. That would be a bad ass machine. The g4 comes with usb and firewire!!! Stick their new MacOS X on that machine and then we're talking.
          Asus K7V
          Athlon 700
          128mb PC133 HSDRAM
          Matrox Millennium g400max
          Adaptec 2940U2W
          IBM 9gb U2W
          Plextor 8/20 cdr
          Diamond MX300
          3com 905b-tx

Comment

cool
            g4 + g400= a computer
            g4 + anything else= sh**
            Resolution 800*600
            Color Depth 16-bit Color
            Refresh Rate VSync Off
            Game 1 - Race 63.58 FPS
            Processor Speed 500 MHz
            Physical Memory 128 MB

Comment

A G4 is a fine CHIP. The Ferarri of chips, if you will. However... that Ferarri is pulling a "Mac Truck" with its brakes on... and that is the MacOS, which has been a big, bloated, dead cow for years and years now. They need to ditch backwards compatibility. And now is the perfect time to do it, with MS announcing daily how many things WON'T be supported by Windows Millenium and Windows 2000.

- Gurm

------------------
              G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
              The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

lol hey you guys seen the latest g4 comercial

tanks suround the g4 to protect it and they claim that pentuim class computers are no threat. to the g4 oh and how about that new funnky looking ibook? they shaped the laptop like a dam apple lol. (at least it looks that way on tv.)apple stop spending money on cases and update your support hardware allready.

------------------
                rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
                wow what's wrong with me today usally i just sit here read the posts anmd mumble to my self it must be that mars probe failing bulshit that nasa is trying to pull again that's got me all worked up.
                msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Yeh, and when we say MACS stink, with the G4's we're not kidding. See they are respensive to user comments.

For years we have been saying MACS stink, now with the G4's APPLE has proven us right. See they do listen.

THINK DIFFERENT

Oh, heck I don't feel like going back and erasing. So you get mythought/and mine.

Mark F.

------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                  and burped out a movie

Comment

The G4,G3, or any other PPC chip, for that matter, are NOT RISC chips. They are RISC-like, they do a lot similar to true RISC chips, but they are not.

And Apple forgets to tell everyone the reason why the G4 cannot be exported: It's not because it is too powerful; We are afraid that if we send them to a country that has nukes and a large military, then when they get pissed off with the POS MacOS, the small keyboard, the God-awful colors, the shitty mouse, then they just might decide to bomb us for producing such a beast.

Rags

------------------
                    FedEx Sucks!

Comment

Working...
                    X