Anyone noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone noticed?

For those of you who downloaded DirectX 7 already. Did you notice that there is actually a G400 and G400MAX in the display drivers? Anyone want to try it out? I would but everything seems stable now so I don't want to mess anything up. I know there are some adventurous types here in the forum So anyone want to be a good old tester for Microshaft's driver?

Yep the DirectX 7 is release. but the current G200, G400 driver are not optimize to DirectX 7. No different between DX6 and DX7. So Matrox will relase PD 5.3 at 8/10/99 ?. This driver seems optimize to DX7 and the turbo ICD also optimize SSE and new 3DNow. so P2 and K2, K3 can not use the turbo ICD.(May be support later)
    P!!! 450 OC To 495. ASUS P2B V1.1, PC-133 256MB RAM. Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller, IBM 9.1GB(2Mb Cache) LVD SCSI HardDisk X 2. Panasonic 20R,8W CD-R, Sony 5X ATAPI-DVD Rom, 3M LS-120 ATAPI-Floppy, Diamond Monster Sound Mx300 with four speaker, And My Matrox G400MAX

Comment

Ok, I finally decided to test it It seems it is not a Microsoft driver but it was there all along. I do not know why my MAX isn't detected right. You also get the message that says this driver was not made for your video card blah, blah, blah when you go to change it. I doesn't make sense. It is there but it isn't used? I know it does'nt or shouldn't make a difference performance wise but it is nice that now Expendable and Windows says it is a MAX.

No more having to go all the way into the PD information just to relieve yourself knowing you have a MAX and did not get the wrong card. Nothing big really but I hope Matrox fixes it. It's weird when I have a MAX and it says the driver isn't made for it. Sorry for the little mess up.

Comment

It looks like your card SUBSYS_ID or PInS is destroyed. In that case you have to restore these structures in order to get the card recognized properly.

Comment

What? Please put in more detail. Do you mean that when you install the drivers, you can pick G400 MAX at the setup screen? I can only always get normal G400 Dualhead. Man something must be wrong then. Please list some more detailed instructions as I have never done anything like what you mentioned with my other cards.

Comment

I have the same problem with my Max. How do you go about restoring the PInS? I didn't find the info on the page you linked to Greebe. My card appears to operate perfectly, only it's set up as a G400 32MB DH when I install the drivers.

------------------
            Ace
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Wait...do you guys think that my MAX is messed up? It works fine actually. It's just that when I install the drivers, I can only pick the normal G400 dualhead because thats the only thing that is there. Do you mean you could pick G400 MAX at the setup screen?

Comment

Am I supposed to get MXINFO? Something wrong with the link there now. I'll try again later. If you say that you can choose G400 MAX from the setup screen, then my MAX is messed up from day one since I receieved it. I have never been able to choose G400 MAX.

Comment

Hey Maggi, are you one of the beta guys? If you will, please report this to Matrox. Like, I said, I don't think it is really anything big, just annoying. Wouldn't be too hard to fix for the guys at the big M. I would be greatful if you will

Yep, the only place that says I have a MAX is in the info tab. I was a bit scared when I saw that on the day my MAX finally arrived. I thought I had the wrong card until I looked in the info tab. Also, now that I changed it manually by going to the change adapter setting, everything reads G400 MAX. I hope that I wouldn't have to do it manually in the future. Especially because Windows says the G400 MAX driver is not made specifically for my card which just happens to be a G400 MAX.

[This message has been edited by kooguy (edited 09-24-1999).]

Comment

kooguy. i have the same thing with my max. before bios uppdate,and afer, so i think it is ok

Comment

Ok, I tried the utility. No probs.

jsb, I know it shouldn't matter but it just annoys me a bit that I have a MAX and the PD software only detects that I have a normal G400 Dualhead. Also, when you go to change display drivers, the MAX is listed there. If you try to pick it, it gives you the "this driver is not made specifically for your hardware blah, blah, blah" message. It's just that little feeling you get sometimes.

I know Matrox keeps a close eye on these forums as mentioned by someone so I hope they see this too and fix it. It's nothing big I think. Shouldn't slow down the progress of the ICD that everyone wants so badly for their Quake scores.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure, but I think that readout is based on MicroSoft code, hence it reads even the MAX as G400 32MB DH.

Check your standard display properties.
                        There is your MAX also reported as G400 DH, only the advanced display properties (PD) show you're running a MAX in the info-tab ...

------------------
                        Cheerio,
                        Maggi
                        Millenium G400 32MB DH
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                        X