D3D improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3D improvements

Is there going to be any more improvements to the D3D of the G400s? Seems like all everybody cares about is OGL now. Matrox has improved OGL by alot pushing the G400 to the head of the pack or going to. There hasn't been any noticable D3D speed improvments from the original drivers that came with my MAX.

Since most if not all the games now and in the near future that use bump mapping are D3D games, I feel that there is a need to still improve the D3D. The performance hit when bump mapping is turned on is pretty noticable. Improving the D3D will keep the framrates at a healthy level even when the going gets tough. I play Expendable at 1024 32bit and there is alot of slowdown when I get to the bumpmapped water and when there is a whole bunch of guys on the screen.

Games like NFS:HS and XWA could also use a frame increase since performance on those games are not so great for some strange reason.

So any noticeable increases in D3D for the drivers that you beta guys are testing?

There are improvements, check again in the higher resolutions.

------------------
    Cheerio,
    Maggi
    Millenium G400 32MB DH
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
    X