To turbo or not to turbo ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To turbo or not to turbo ????

I just hope that MATROX will do the right stuf & make some realy fast drivers & not just posting results wich no other can reach.

remember 5.21 ....

5.25 a litle bit beter but not something special OK,OK, OGL was improved in 5.25 & I got some realy good results but ILLIGAL OPERATIONS in most OGL screan savers & LAVA ! , other I dont like that PIII stuf because many people have PII-s, so makein drivers and saying IT WILL WORK WITH PIII ONLY is not a good think to say (or I understand that wrong, if so than SORRY ).

PII is a POWERFULL processor just like PIII when its not useing SSE commands so that kind of drivers & problems getting MAX cards could make many pople angry & force them to buy OTHER brand VCARDS ...not good , not good at all

but Im wery happy that Matrox will relese new drivers & optimized for performance like the BENCHS says, but we will see ?

bye !

------------------
    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Matrox didn't post those benchmark results, I did

Comment

please read the topic-post again in your best Mike Myers style. I'm sure it'll give you a good laugh!

Comment

it's obvious that this "turbo"GL is heavily optimized to use the newer SMID streaming instructions of the P3 and Enhanced 3DNow! of the Athlon....

I can't see this as being wrong, the G400 already requires a hefty CPU in order to get decent performance, like a P2-400+.. and also it's forward thinking... Now one else has seen fit to do this.. well, except for AMD with the Voodoo2

Craig

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 09-23-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 09-23-1999).]
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
        X