Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millenium G200 buggy drivers, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium G200 buggy drivers, any suggestions?

Here are the bugs I experience with my Millenium G200, other than those known ones (Half Life problems, yadda yadda):
    (these are with the 5.25 drivers, the 4.33 certified work great, but no opengl)

1) Powerpoint Presenations crash about 10-30 seconds into em. I can run Powerpoint fine, everything works fine, making slides etc etc, but when I click on slide show and actually start the fullscreen presenation it only works for about 30 seconds, then the computer hangs and the screen turns into garbage and I have to push reset. This is with Powerpoint 2000 + 5.25 drivers. 4.33 work _perfectly_

2) Hardware overlay doesn't work correctly at 800x600x16@85Hz. I have a Miro DC10+ and the G200 passes all the overlay tests for it, but when I actually go to the capture preview screen all I see is a gray screen (thats in overlay mode, the cpu/preview mode works fine, but sloooow). I do not experience this problem at 32bit color. It works fine at 800x600x16@85Hz with the 4.33 drivers.

3) System is not as stable as certified drivers over longer periods of time =)

System specs:
    AOpen AX6B Mobo
    128MB PC100 Corsair RAM
    Mill G200 8meg
    SBLive
    Miro DC10+
    Win98
    adaptec 2940UW scsi card
    USR 56k modem
    3com pci network card

Everything has the latest bios/drivers/updates. All this happens even after a clean install of win98.
Working...
X