Outcast - great game without a 3D card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outcast - great game without a 3D card

I recently played a demo of this game. I am really astonished how this game looks without using 3D acceleration. Even at 400x300 it looks better than many games right now. They use a nice combination of Voxel landscapes, 3D objects, water BUMPMAPPING and anti-aliasing.

Not only does it look good, the animation and interaction with the characters is really good. Also it has an very good atmospheric soundtrack.

So it seems after all that Belgians aren't that stupid. (Dutch joke ;-)

Frank

Here in vienna this game was available long before it hit the shelves in USA and i know THAT THIS GAME ROCKS !
    (i even bought it !!)
    I played it with the highest settings and it looked beautiful !!
    (of course you need a cpu > 500 Mhz to do that because it is all software)
    That "grenade launcher" is the coolest weapon i have ever seen in a game . You can really mess up those soldiers with it and the sound of the explosions is really earth shattering !
    Coolest landscape in the world too !!
    (remember the trees in ocaar ? ...try that with polygons !)

Comment

K6-3 450 + G200 8 meg + 128 megs + 512x384 = 6fps

I like the game, but its sloooowwww. If you switch to 400x300 you can't read anything on screen because its too blurred, but it does run faster. I can't wait for the hardware accelleration patch. BTW, if you buy the game in the U.S., DO NOT install the patches. They don't help frame rates and they cause the game to crash. The patch also screwed up my AOL.

RAB
      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
      X