Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDRAM upgrade chips... WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDRAM upgrade chips... WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?

I ordered an upgrade for my Marvel card nearly 2 months, the 8meg SDRAM, from a certain online store that shall remain nameless and they haven't seen the chips come in AT ALL. Why?!!? I'm getting a little miffed. A few days ago I contacted 10 other online and several local comptuer stores who could only tell me they were out of stock and didn't have a shipping date. WTF?!?

Does anybody out there have any idea? Anyone, anyone, Bueller? Bueller?

------------------
    JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence has got nothing on Natural Stupidity!”
    JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

Here (Prague Czech Rep.) are 8MB SDRAM modules for sale at $45 + VAT....
    PIIIE-550@733 Abit BF6, 192MB PC133 RAM, 2x IBM 27GB on FASTTRACK66 RAID, AOPEN 9632 DVD, SBLIVE!, G400 32M DH@(160/200) ADI 17', Askey TV card

Comment

I have the 8mb SGRAM. Will it work in its place. I got it generic, but the chips aren't fast enough for my G200 SGRAM Millenium. They produce artifacts on it. I exchanged them once, the new one was exactly the same. The company won't take them back.
      Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
      Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

The Marvel won't take the sgram, only sdram, at least thats what the product specs say. I don't want to take any chances, either. So unless I hear a Matrox rep guarantee it's copmatibility, I don't think I'd want to buy them from you.

------------------
        JÊÐî /'\å§tå
        JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

i have 8 megs sdram for g200-who wants it?
          make offer.

------------------
          IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
          IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

Some guy is selling SDRAM for the G200 on ebay for $2....

------------------
            Sys 1: Tyan Tsunami s1846s, Celeron 300A@504, 128Mb PC100 RAM, Mill G200 16Mb retail, IBM Deskstar 8.4 gig, HP 8100i CD-RW, HP 6200c USB scanner, Hitachi SuperScan 753 19", winblows 98.

Sys 2: Epox MVP3G-M, 128Mb PC100 Mem, AMD K6-2 300, Mill G200 8Mb retail, no-name 15" analog monitor.

Comment

YGM chip.

------------------
              JÊÐî /'\å§tå
              JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

sdram and sgram are to different speeds among other things.
                You're not supposed to mix them.
                I did hear a while back, however, that someone took an 8mb sodimm from their laptop and it worked in a mystique or sd mill, I cant remember which
                abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                g400 max-
                256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

You may want to try here.Look under memory-video memory.A decent company. http://www.allstarshop.com/allstarshop/index.icl?

Comment

Jedi,

Try http://www.computer411.com/product/s...?item=VA649131 .

Chuck
                    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

Chasbo, YOU ARE THE MAN!

I was going to go with the All Star memmory, but I'm still pretty leary about going with a non Matrox brand (call me paranoid, yet again)

I can't believe they've got them in stock. I'm going to cancle my order with the other place and get them shipped immediately. Thanks again!!!

------------------
                      JÊÐî /'\å§tå

JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

Well once again, I speak before I think. Their shipping charges are outrageuos. Maybe I'll just go with the generic brand. They want nearly a thrid of the price to ship it to me. AND they charge you five bucks if you want to come buy the wharehouse and pick it up. How bout no, thanks anyway Chuck.

(yeah yeah, so I'm a cheap bastard)

------------------
                        JÊÐî /'\å§tå

JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

I got mine from Allstar and it hasn't worked. The cheap memory is made with slower speed chips.The cause lots of video problems and lockups.
                          Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
                          Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Aw sh!t. I wish someone had said something earlier. I already ordered the damn thing. Anyone else had the same problems? I still have the opportunity to get them from an ebay auction or keep waiting at the online store. Opinions, I need Opinions!!!

Mynx, were you able to send them back?

------------------
                            JÊÐî /'\å§tå

JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

hey jedi-i got mine from allstarshop.it worked ok for me.
                              IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

Working...
                              X