Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which mpeg2 player with Marvel G400 + DVD Max

Hi,

I just bought a Marvel G400 and have some questions. (My PC: K6-2 333)

First: What MPEG2 player prog can I use to see my mpeg2 files(704*576) + VOB files in a window and with the DVD max to see them on my TV ?

I tried using Matrox DVD, but it only plays DVD. ;(
    LSX mpeg player, does overlay but it doesn't play the files fast an good enough ;(
    Powerdvd demo is nice, bt no overlay ?
    Xing DVD +- , but also no overlay?
    Soft DVD, not tried, but heared it was not good.
    Any idea which prog could help me ?

THX!
    Fauc

Hi,
    I don't have answer to your question but I'd like to please you something. Some time ago I craved here someone with G400 Marvel CD to send me LSX transcoder. Could you do this for me?
    [I wanted G400max with TV so I had to buy RainbowRunnerG add-on, but this is really software poor (or old sw). If there would be also chance to get AvidCinema and if there's newer Ulead MediaStudio than 5... ///r-cap@usa.net]
    RC

Comment

Matrox G400 DVD player can play mpeg2, if you open file in old mplayer.exe program, located in windows directory.

In Device menu, choose appropriate device and open file.

It CAN play my own PAL files, but with distortions - some small green squares appear randomly on screen. Maybe, it is only my problem.

PowerDVD has overlay support - try to change the screen resolution/color depth. Overlay mode is always truecolor inside overlay window. The image quality was better for my own files, but the CPU load was also higher than for Cinemaster (G400 player).

WinDVD cannot play field-encoded mpeg2 at all. Xing has bad quality.

The best solution is to buy HW decoder such as Hollywood+, and use it with TV or on monitor, but in Marvel video capture vindow. Standard pass-through connection will destroy the sharpness of G400 completely.

Grigory

Comment

THX!!!
        I just found I indeed works with the mulimedia player (instead of using windows media player ;(()
        I have Full screen Mpeg2 playback now + TV
        Thx!

(PS: I had to installit on a clean system: if I use a system with older versions ofan other DVD player,it crashes ..)
        But now it works!!!
        Fauc

Comment

THX!!!
          I just found I indeed works with the mulimedia player (instead of using windows media player ;(()
          I have Full screen Mpeg2 playback now + TV
          Thx!

(PS: I had to installit on a clean system: if I use a system with older versions ofan other DVD player,it crashes ..)
          But now it works!!!
          Fauc

Comment

PS: for the green flashes, I think I read in the Video tools readme from matrox it was a known bug ...
            I have also that problem. ;(
            I hope they will get that right

Fauc

Comment

Old mediaplayer uses MCI interface. It may be already tied to some other program for mpeg2 plyback. Yes, you have to uninstall all other player to make Matrox player working.
              The question remains: was it difficult to make a player that works with standard Windows mediaplayer or was it polite from Matrox to make customers digging in the system to get very common feature working?
              Last question: was it difficult to proper register Matrox DVD to play mpeg2 files?

Grigory

Comment

Working...
              X