best settings to tweak a g400 s/h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best settings to tweak a g400 s/h

what are the best settings to o/c the g400 s/h? (no fan on it yet). i tried to on my own, but didnt wanna mess with some of the options i had no idea about. im running a:
    k6-2- 350 (not o/c)
    160 mb sdram
    jbond pc1500pa/ via mvp3

any suggestions?

This is a real crapshoot. Results will vary widely from board to board. Try upping the clockspeed in small increments, let's say 5% (or a little less), and test it. If you don't see any screen corruption and artifacts, try again. If you do, stop and lower your settings.

I think trial and error is the best way to go. My board objects to anything over 5%. Many others have had much better success.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

ok, im kinda new at this overclocking stuff. i have no idea what clock dividers to change to achieve the settings i want to test. can anyone explain how it works to me?

Comment

I have a 16 mb sh with a fan on the heatsink and currently I o/c it to Max speed with MGA tweak. I keep the dividers at default (tried changing them for a 160/200 but got strange lockups). If you want to keep it simple, the only thing you have mess with is the pll clock. I have it on 301 (with default dividers) for Max speed.

Comment

Working...
        X