No announcement yet.

What's up with Matrox Tech Support?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Matrox Tech Support?????

I almost forgot I had requested technical support from Matrox with that earthquake here in Athens. I have requested technical support from them 3 times... The first two were 5 months ago when I experienced problems with the G200. I never received an answer. Anyway I solved these problems thanks to this forums but the same thing happens now with the G400 MAX. NO ANSWER AT ALL! I know the forums here are a lot more efficient way to get feedback but their complete indifference really gets on my nerves...

I feel so unimportant... :-)
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Hi GD,

At what address did you email to?

If you sent it here in Canada, I can check to see what happened to your email if you give me your email address.

Haig

Comment

Me too!

I've emailed them in both UK & Canada

No reply in seven days!

Phone call to Uk Techsupport, they agreed my card (RR_G) was U/s. Gave me a freephone number for Canada which results in unobtainable tone. Back to UK tech, gave me a number for returns in Ireland. Card finally despatched to Ireland.

I'm now ten days from my C/Card being debited with no working card & VERY pissed off!! I haven't even been given the option of my money back.

Vic

Comment

I emailed @ Matrox UK Haig since I am a resident of the E.U.

Anyway I do understand that my configuration is relatively weird so it might take some time to answer but those emails I sent about the G200 some months ago are STILL unanswered... Anyway my email is GD_19@hotmail.com...
        PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

I got a response within one day and a follow up on a problem within one week in August.

I don't have an answer for you but to me, their tech support is superior to alot of companies out there.

SCompRacer
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

I have the same problem as GD. I had a long chat with a very helpful bloke at Matrox UK the other day, and asked him about the support situation. Seems that they are getting the emails fine (he had both of mine), but have a major backlog to reply to.

Perhaps its time to employ some more support poeple, Matrox?

Smiff

Comment

Well, their having insufficient stuff and lots of emails does not explain a 5 month+ delay in answering...

Oh well, maybe we're asking too much...

[This message has been edited by GD (edited 09-09-1999).]

Comment

Hi guys,

For Europpean Tech Supp issues, all I can do is forward your complaints to them.

I only worry about Tech Supp in North America.

Vic, I'll check our email server tomorrow with your email address vic@vabbott.freeserve.co.uk and see what happened.

The only problem I know of was with our on line submit form.

Unfortunately, all the emails that came from that on line form within that past 2 weeks got lost.

That has been fixed now.

Haig

Comment

Thanks Haig

Comment

I sent mail to Matroxs compuserve address that is meant for customers in Germany and Scandinavia and I got reply in one day. Alltough the mail was whine about the poor OGL drivers. I call that good service.
                    --
                    Cirrus

Comment

5 months ago would have been sometime around their internal shakeup. Now they are a lot better. It may be that they are short on tech support staff, but the ones they do have are good. Did you know Haig alone gets around 500 emails a day?!
                      So don't knock the support team, they are doing their best, have a go at the people higher up the ladder and tell them to improve the tech supp departments.

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Just wanted to say, that I got the answer from tech support in 2 days - thats rather impressive.
                        System:
                        Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                        AMD Thunderbird 800
                        SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                        Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                        LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
                        IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                        Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                        WinME
                        directx 8.0a
                        384mb pc133

Comment

Hi Vic,

I checked our email server and couldn't find any emails from vic@vabbott.freeserve.co.uk.

Did you send this email to graph_ts@matrox.com or did you use our
                          on-line submit form?

You can re-send your email to us if you still have a problem.

Haig

Comment

I emailed europecustomerservice@matrox.com <europecustomerservice@matrox.com> On Sept 3rd

V

Comment

Hi all!,

I'm very happy to know the tech support worked for you. I have no doubt the guys at Matrox are really good. I only wish my personal experience would confirm that. And my personal experience is 3 unanswered emails.

I do not know what other graphic cards companies do(I always had a Matrox card and never had to request tech support for the S3 and Cirrus Logic cards I had before Matrox) but Hitachi answered the same day when I requested help ( OK that was an easy moire question) and LSI logic the next day...

I have no reason to blame anyone... All I want to do is solve my problem (lock ups in 3D-rock stable 2d-7fans inside tha case-really coolG400). OK no more complaints. I'll see what I can do with that troublesome system of mine :-).

P.S. Some times I think I should have bought that Compaq workstation but then............. no way.. :-)

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X