Fixing G400 problems with library update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing G400 problems with library update

I found that the Microsoft foundation class C library files update containing MSVCRT.DLL and a number of related Windows files corrected my G400max SBLive, Asus P3b-F system stability problems which manifested typically as random Explorer crashes and occasional GPF hangs.

The Sisoft Sandra Professional diagnostic program actually identified the issues (it would not run with incorrect versions of the C library files) and the Sisoft diagnostic site recommended either downloading the library update from Microshaft or temporarily installing the freeware version of SiSandra to update the C library files.

I tried the Microsoft Libraries Update from the Win98 site but it did not update all the files to the latest versions.....(typical Microshaft ineptitude).

I downloaded the Sandra Standard (freeware) version and installed it and it updated all the library files to the latest version. If you use Win98 you should check the files below and make sure your file version is equal or newer than the following list:

Filename Version
    ------------- ----------------

Msvcrt.dll 6.00.8337
    Oleaut32.dll 2.30.4265
    Olepro32.dll 5.00.4265
    Asycfilt.dll 2.30.4265
    Stdole2.tlb 2.30.4265
    Mfc42.dll 6.00.8267
    Mfc42u.dll 6.00.8267

Your configuration may not need all these files but you should verify that any you have are the indicated or later versions.

If you want to try the Sisoft Sandra update to update your C libraries files go here and download the free version.
    http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra/

Good Luck.

System = Asus P3b-f, Pentium 500 @ 550 G400max, SBLive, 3Com 3c900XL, Seagate Medallist Pro 7200 RPM, 256 Megs of Corsair PC133 128 SDRAM, Sony GDM-F500.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited 09-19-1999).]
    Bob Doran
    Intel-AMD Products Dealer
    Cyberdyne Systems
Working...
X