Problems installing MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems installing MAX

Thanks for fast respond. I have reinstalled DX6.1, same problem, bus mastering doesn't mater, AGP is 128 will try 256 but don't se why that should fix D3D, Video caching in bios mmmm will try that, i have installed 5.25, and uninstalled and installed it again, same problem. I don't really have the same problem as Gazza, everything works fine except D3D it never locks up in windows, i have words, excel Netscape and some other things running right now on dualhead and no problem.
    Thanx

Make sure in your motherboard BIOS that an IRQ is being asigned to the video card.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel thanks, i have done that, no change?
      If i use Norton CrashGuard i can actually se that whatever program try to use D3D crashes, without Norton the programs just stops, it don't hang the computer just nothing.

Comment

Tried 256mb AGP No change also disabled cache in bios No luck. This is starting to bug me. Where can i find the DX6.1 uninstaller?

[This message has been edited by jsb (edited 09-17-1999).]

Comment

Problems installing MAX

All 2D works fine, DVD, dualhead first part of final reality mm mm
          But when i try anything that does D3D the program crash, like DXDiag, TechDemo, and final 3D part.
          I cant find any IRQ problem or
          So, i have a problem with 3D3 but i can figure out what. I also have the same Icon problem as everyone else.
          I'm using Win98 4,10,198
          Bios 1,5-22
          Ddriver 4,11,01,1250
          Mini-VDD 4,11,01,1250
          MPD 5,25,019
          DD/D3D 4,11,01,1250
          DirectX 4,06,02,0436

BH6, SBLive, EICON Diva pro, 2940U2W, P3 500 …………
          What do you think?

Comment

Hi JSB

The only things that I can suggest are:-

1. Increase AGP apeture to 256 in Bios
            2. Removing all video caching in Bios
            3. Reinstall DirectX6.1, you can download a DirectX6.x uninstaller from the web.

If you've already tried these can I can only suggest booting into safe mode and removing the board/drivers ( be sure to go into the Windows\inf\other directory and remove any Matrox files) and reinstaling with the updated drivers on reboot. I had similar problems with a collegues Creative Banshee, in particular with D3D and it was purely a driver related problem.

------------------
            Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.
            Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.

Comment

Or try this: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004653.html
              P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Okej, i have uninstalled DX6.1 and installed it again, still the same problem! I'm giving up, can there be a hardware problem in the MAX card? Is it possible that everything can work except D3D? Anyway i will change the card tomorrow for a new MAX so we will se.

Comment

Up Up Up…….
                  Now. I have tried everything suggested, and no way i can make D3D to work. I'm starting to think that there is some hardware problem with the MAX card, or there is a conflict in the DX6.1 installation. I still cant find the uninstaller Nigel is talking about, so i'm of to find it or if any of you know where to find it please inform me.

Stefan

Comment

Try this..

<a href="http://www.ebrink.com/dxun/Direct.htm">DirectX Uninstaller</a></p>

Comment

I don’t believe this!!!!
                      New MAX card, new computer, new installation and the same problem!!! Is this a MAX+WIN98 Swedish thing or what? Is there anybody else on this board from Sweden that has a MAX card that can confirm if this is the case? Please run DXDiag for 3D and se if it works, or try to run the Matrox demo.

Comment

Sorry!!

[This message has been edited by jsb (edited 09-19-1999).]

Comment

JSB

Sorry you didn't have any luck. I know it's a mute point but have you tried using Regclean to correct any registry problems and then remove/reinstall drivers.

Believe me I can feel your frustration from here!.

------------------
                          Nigel

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                          X