lil ole off topic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil ole off topic question

I'm getting sick of that smug message in microsoft scandisk which assumes over and over that I just can't learn to shut Windows down properly. Instead of the words "because windows was not properly shut down ... to avoid seeing this message again, always select shutdown ...", I'd like to see the words "Well, Windows crashed again didn't it! If you don't want to see this message again, use a better operating system."

Can anybody tell me how to change the message in scandisk?

------------------
    'scuse me while I kiss the sky
    'scuse me while I kiss the sky

Install Tweek UI from win cd and set the never run scandisk option...

matt
    Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Hello.

I would assume that dialog box is built into the program and thus there is not really any way to change it. This is just how I understand Windows programming but I could be wrong.

Comment

You're probably right, jihad. But, if you use a hex editor you might be able to change the letters and isert spaces... Hmmm what and idea! Let's see now, where's that dang file...

Comment

Working...
        X