Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGATweak - Safe Settings and Saving

Hi.

1. How do I save my settings for the SD/SGRAM optimisations in MGATweak? Should I put the proggie shortcut in my Startup folder?

2. I have a G400 w/o an active fan, and my mini-tower cover is always closed. How far can I overclock safely? I really don't want my card to burn up, and I'm quite satisfied with the performance (I just need to buy a Celeron 466 chip to replace my P2-300 chip without buying a new mobo). From the default GCLK 126, MCLK 168 (is this called 126/168? how about WARP clock?), I'm now at 136.13/181.5 with Fo=272.25. Is this safe? Also, is it safe to leave my casing open? Won't a lot of dust and water get into the system?

Thanks.

Of course it's safe to have an open case. Just make sure any rodents don't get in and chew on your cables. And dust and moist will get in anyway, weather or not you leave the hood open. Just don't keep the six-pack onto of your computer.

Ghydda

------------------
    A slowly desintegrating nobody with an Athlon 500 MHz on a FIC SD11 with 256MB Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer DVD-U03S, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD with PowerStrip@110/147

Only thing missing: Matrox RT2000
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Don't feel bad, the directions for saving settings were unclear to me at first too. But, yeah, as long as the shortcut is set to "run minimized" (wether it's in your startup folder or not), it will save the settings.

------------------
      Epox MVP3G-M, K6-3 450@504, 192MB Siemens CL2, Maxtor 4320 10GB, Mill G200 SD, Spressa Burner
      "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Working...
      X