To all ALi V users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all ALi V users.

I've noticed many ALi V users was not able to run their G400s at AGP2x, so here's something juz for enabling AGP2x for ALi V mobo owners.

I have the excellent Asus P5A(rev1007) mobo and here's what you need to do with the ALi AGP registry settings to enable AGP2X for your G400 SH 16Mb.

Goto:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\CPU\AGPFlags set to "-1" (same as AGP2x registry hack from Ant)

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ALi\ALi AGP Driver\AGPDataRate and set value from "0" to "2"

This will enable AGP2X. Not too many know that although the registry hack is already making the G400 itself running at AGP2X, but its the mobo that is stopping it from screaming at AGP2X due to the ALi AGP registry settings.

In the case with VIA MVP3, I'm not too sure how to enable AGP2x, sorry...

Hope this helps. :-D

------------------
    AsusP5A rev1007, K6-400 o/c to 448 (112*4), 128Mb Micron PC100 -8E SDRAM, G400 OEM 16Mb AGP, IBM 16GP 8.4, Quantum ST 3.2A, Toshiba 32X CDROM, HP CDWriter 7570i, SBLive! Value, Intel EtherXpress Pro 100TX NIC, Motorola CableModem, RIC 17" Monitor, HP Deskjet 710C, Altec Lansing ACS45 & Cambridge PCWorks
    Abit KT7A-RAID, TBird AVIA 1ghz o/c 1.3ghz, 256Mb Infineon PC133 SDRAM, G400 32Mb DH, Maxtor DM+60 30G, Quantum Fireball ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 9100i, Samsung 700IFT, HP Deskjet 710C, Philips Acoustic Edge, Sirocco Crossfire

Thanks I'll give it a shot. It used to work just fine before they 'disabled' it from the AGP drivers..

_
    B

Comment

For the MVP3, it's at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\VxD\ViaGart. There should be a value "Turbo" set to "01 00". The viagart setup program asks if you want to install in normal (1x) or turbo (2x) mode, but if you change your mind down the road, now you can without having to reinstall the drivers I wouldn't recommend trying to force AGP 2x in the PD drivers on one of these boards, however. Occassional random lock-ups with no increase in graphics performance - why bother?

------------------
      Epox MVP3G-M, K6-3 450@504, 192MB Siemens CL2, Maxtor 4320 10GB, Mill G200 SD, Spressa Burner
      "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Working...
      X