New G400 NT drivers drivers today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G400 NT drivers drivers today!

Don't ask me how they work...I don't have NT...but here they are nonetheless

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/la...millg4_wnt.htm

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Anyone know if they work w/ the G200 as well?

Comment

Both the G200 4.22 driver and this G400 driver are 4.22.081. On Matrox's ftp site, they both have the same number of bytes: 2880682. The only thing that differs is the date...

It was said long ago that 4.22 works for the G400 even though it was only released as a G200 driver...

If anyone determines that these two files are indeed different, could you please post your findings? Thanks...

Comment

Thanks, being a bit conservative and not seing an oficial announcement, I've stayed away from trying the 4.22 drivers until now.
        They installed without any trouble and open gl seems to be much improved although still not up to the speed I get in Win98 with the beta icd. I wonder if the beta icd can be used in NT?

Anyway I'm a happy camper and the last week or two has been good with the driver releases, icd and the tweak utility

Comment

I just did a binary compare with the ealier G200 drivers and the 2 archives are identical, so if you have the G200 drivers you can skip these.

Paul.

Comment

I just checked these drivers with Q2/Q3, and to my surprise I found it's actually close to playable: Q3demo1 1152x864x32 does 24 fps, without stalling.

This is still a lot slower than W98, but it's a big improvement compared to the drivers found on the CD.
            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I tried those drivers in win2k instead of the ones on the g400 cd-rom, and it gave me a blue-screen.

------------
              PLEDM - my new life philosofy

Comment

Working...
              X