Problem with output to Pal Tv from G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with output to Pal Tv from G400

Hi, with my last money I bought the wonderful card Matrox G400 Max. One of the reasons was that everybody thought it was the best card with DVD. My earlier experiences was a hollywood+ card which was like a cancer in my computer...

Since the only good movies are region 1 movies (region 2 sucks , just one problem...when I´m watching dvd on the Tv there´s a annoying framedropp every two seconds or something.

I believe it´s because the region 1 movies are 50 Hz and my Tv is 60 Hz, is there some way to convert the output to 60 Hz?

It´s very irritating watching Matrix (which btw is the best movie this year, we in Sweden got it this monday and in the middle of a major action-scen seeing these framedroppes!

help!!!

Jag kan tyvärr inte hjälpa dig men jag undrar en sak. Hur kopplade du ditt Max kort till Tv:n med den gula sladden(s-video tror jag) eller den som liknar en ps/2 kontakt. Ska själv skaffa mig ett Max kort. Just nu har jag (lånat av en polare) ett vanligt Millenium G400 DualHead 32 mb. Hade tänkt kolla lite VCD filmer. Har du provat VCD filmer?Har du haft sådan tur att du fick ett av dom första korten som kom till sverige(har för mig det var ca 20 kort). Eller körde du den säkra varianten och köpte från Matrox Online Store?

Mvh Erik

------------------
    P2 400@533Mhz, 128 Mb PC133, IBM Deskstar22GXP 22Gb, Gigabyte GA-6BXE,Sound Blaster AWE32, Hansol 701p,Matrox Millennium G400 32Mb DualHead,TEAC 32x,USRobotics Sportster Flash 56,6 ,Win98 SE

[This message has been edited by Erich (edited 09-17-1999).]

Comment

ummmmmmm.....errrrrrr......hmmmmmmm..... nope, even if the monitor is on either side, or upside down, I still can't understand that post.....
      Anyone care to translate?
      Ta

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Steve....don´t you understand swedish?

It´s a beutiful language, don´t you think?

Erik is just asking some questions about the absolute best card now Matrox g400!

I mailed him in swedish so you won´t get a headache

Comment

I have noticed the same problem with Titanic (the only region 1 title I have), if this performance drop is because of the "translation" of ntsc to pal, Im definately NOT going to buy another region 1 title!

Can someone confirm this "problem" when playing region1 titles on pal tvs?
          Starship Troopers region2 no problems
          Blade region 2 no problems

System:
          Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
          AMD Thunderbird 800
          SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
          Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
          LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
          IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
          Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
          WinME
          directx 8.0a
          384mb pc133

Comment

I have had no problems playing NTSC movies on my PAL only TV, allthough it is able to sync to 60hz.

Pertti

btw. he was just asking how to connect the Max to the TV using S-Video.

Comment

I have the same problem. However, my Videologic DVD Player card (hollywood+ clone) has an option to output 60Hz PAL. My TV can take PAL or NTSC but I like to use PAL as on my setup NTSC has bad interference, resulting in colour 'waves' moving across the screen (very subtle effect though). Using the DVD Player card, if the output is set to normal PAL when playing a region 1 DVD (all mine are) the output jerks approx. once per second due to the rate conversion. Switvhing to the PAL 60Hz option stops this. Any chance of Matrox (or cinemaster/QI/Divicore etc) introducing a PAL 60 Hz option?

Comment

Working...
              X