amazed with new g400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazed with new g400

I have just bought and installed a g400 max, and i have to say that i am truly impressed! i previously owned a xentor 32 ultra, and believe me, one can see the difference!
    However, I have just one doubt, and i would really appreciate if you could tell me something about it:
    I installed the latest drivers (5.25) and in the device manager, under control panel, my g400 is identified as being a "matrox millennium g400 dual head agp". If I go to the display properties, the same identification appears. But, when I check the information tab, under the advenced properties of the display properties, the card is identified as being a " matrox millennium g400 MAX agp".
    I now my card is really the Max version, because it comes with the heatsink + fan, and it was packed in a retail box!
    Thank you for any information you may give about this subject!

I think what you are seeing is right. In the advanced display properties information does it say the RAMDAC is 360MHz? If so it is indeed the MAX. The regular G400 only has a 300MHz RAMDAC.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks Joel!
      It says indeed that the Ramdac is 360!
      So, I´m really a proud MAX owner!

Comment

Working...
      X