5.25 drivers and Final Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.25 drivers and Final Reality

Just for kicks I reinstalled FR and ran the bench and was incredibly shocked. With my system and the old 4.XX drivers I was getting 5.05. I tried the 5.25 drivers and it dropped to 4.58!!!

Just an observation.

Paul
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

I´ve said it before, but with Dx7.0 coming soon, what´s the point in using a old benchmark that was coded for Dx5.0? People who made it already stated that Final Reality was for dx5.0 benchmarking and that for the present time it´s preety much useless.

And that isn´t really a point in benchmarking any of the current gen of cards at 640x480. You´re simply bechmarking the CPU (ok, ok, and the quality of drivers, blah, blah.)

Comment

Sorry, Nuno, I should've pointed out that I'm testing my G200, not a G400...unfortunately. I was testing because this was the popular benchmark when the G200 came out and I wanted to see how the drivers had progressed since the beginning...

Notice I said I "Re-installed". I know FR's not a great benchmark anymore...I was just using it as a reference point.

Paul
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Hey don´t get the idea I was saying you´re doing something wrong It´s just that I think nobody should care about FR results anymore. I tryed it and it gives me a lower score with the G400 at 150/200 than at 126/168. So it´s not realy such a good benchmark of real-world performance.

Comment

Working...
        X