Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this board on Hawaiian time?

someone, please fix the clock
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

No, it says at the bottom of the posts - all times GMT (UK) time. Hey, it's only fair to have it on European time. For the past year or more it has been set to (US Central time).
    I'm at (US Mountain time) and just subtract 7 hours.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

"All times are GMT." It says this somewhere towards the bottom of the page. MURC World Headquarters is in the UK.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Why would we need to fix the clock? It's perfectly correct I've just cheked it against my watch.

Comment

So it's even worse. Both your watch and BBS are in need of repair...
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Now there's an idea for a "Java Script" . Have it check each users system for their time zone, convert the data, and display the time in the "AHEM" proper time zone per user.

Or, just allow the user profile to keep the TZ and adjust accordingly!

[This message has been edited by Guyver (edited 09-09-1999).]
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Ant... errr, GMT doesn't use DST.
              So, we're at summertime, +1h GMT for London, +2h GMT for me in Holland...

It's not set at GMT, but your local time

Or the server doesn't know DST???
              Around October 31st it should subtract 1 hour from all our posting times, for then the rest of England is at GMT again, while we run +1h.

(Does any of this make sense?? )

Jorden.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Err yes...

Shall I set the date to Euro format as well to confuse those North Americans even more?

Comment

Nah, switch to the Julian calendar. That'll mess em up
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Guyver's Log - GuyverDate 34143.321...

Err.. Captain's Log - StarDate 34143.321... Having successfully confused the natives of Planet MURC in the Matroxian star system, the one lone survivor of the thought dead Antian race has eluded our sensor's for the nonce. We shall find him, and bring forth a new era of interopability and succesful date/time conversions.
                    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                    - 6.1 Digital Audio
                    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                    - LS120 IDE Floppy
                    - Zip 100 IDE
                    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                    - NEC FE950
                    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Now, now. I count one confused North American. Most of use have figured out the Prime Meridian doesn't run through Honolulu.

Fun facts: The first meridian went through Rhodes. The Greenwich Prime Meridian was first proposed, I believe, in the early 1870's. Bickering about this went on for years until the French, who drew the Prime Meridian straight through Paris on both land maps and sea charts, agreed on Greenwich with the condition that Britain conform to the metric system.

The United States accepted the Greenwich Prime Meridian, but maintained a system of measure based upon an English monarch's shoe size.

Paul
                      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 09-10-1999).]

Comment

Let's face it, time sucks: 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 30ish days in a month, 12 months in a year, 100 years in a century... Then 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, and then a fallback to metric again...?
                        And to make things worse we all want it to be midday at 12:00 AM.

When are we going to make up our mind about that mess???
                        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Has anyone got the time?

ere, what's that Dome for?

Comment

Um, it's still GMT(UK) for me.

------------------
                            Cheers,
                            Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Test

Joel

Still shows GMT for me.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 09-10-1999).]
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X