Matrox support should link here, IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox support should link here, IMO

Um, that's it really - these forums clearly offer the best Matrox tech support anyone could hope for... why don't they make it more obviously available ?

Otherwise I just wanna suggest medals of Valour & Absurd Patience to Kruzin & Haig esp. but also all the other regulars...

Cheers !

Ian

Hi Ian,

I know this isn't much recognition for Ant and his crew but at least it's better than nothing
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/...sites/home.htm

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 09-16-1999).]

Comment

Well, it's a start... :-)

But I mailed Matrox tech support 5 days ago with a query that got answered on the forum within hours - I still haven't heard back from them aside from an automated response.

I'm still a satisfied Matrox customer, though, because I got the answer here. If I hadn't found this site, though... since there are Matrox people contributing, it would seem to make sense for them to give it a higher profile ?

I know they can't sanction the advice given, but they could include a disclaimer, maybe ?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Ian
      Win 95 OSR2.1, DX 7
      Celeron 500 66 FSB
      Epox 61LXAM
      192 MB SDRAM
      Matrox G400 SH 16 MB OEM
      SB AWE64
      Adaptec SCSI

Comment

Hi Ian

I agree that Matrox should contain some reference on their own site to MURC. Whilst I'm still not impressed at Matrox's handling of the launch of the G400 family, they now appear to be making up for lost ground. It would appear that MURC and the postings on the MURC Forums have played their own part in it.

I have to say that personally I have found the majority of Members of MURC to be quite an amicable bunch, who are not restrained in sharing their experiences. This sort of camaraderie is what any major manufacturer should be publicising, after all there are so many different combinations of equipment and software out there, you do have to feel sorry for the front line support guys/girls.

------------------
        Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.
        Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.

Comment

What?! they don't have a link to tresh's www.firingsquad.com at their 3D Hardware news list! Now that's ignorance

Comment

Nigel,

I agree 100%. The support on the Matrox site could learn alot from MURC - I've been hunting around here for about a week now, and for example: most people's G400 install problems seem to be related to a fairly small pool of possibilities ( AGP aperture, messy driver installs, USB support not installed, PnP monitor problems with some motherboards ) - one document could cover all these issues well, but there is _nothing_ on Matrox's site. In particular, the support Wizard is a lost oppourtunity at the moment.

Even a standard response e-mail would be an improvement.

So, thank feck for MURC, but pity all of those who haven't found it...

Cheers

Ian

PS. Tish, it's unforgivable <g> ( How do you do those smileys ? )
            Win 95 OSR2.1, DX 7
            Celeron 500 66 FSB
            Epox 61LXAM
            192 MB SDRAM
            Matrox G400 SH 16 MB OEM
            SB AWE64
            Adaptec SCSI

Comment

Actually, Matrox's support crew at TechSupport_Matrox@compuserve.com, mainly meant for Matrox customers in Germany and Scandinavia told me to look help from www.murc.ws, when I was whining about crappy OGL speed.

So atleast one department of Matrox is advertising this site.

Arto
              --
              Cirrus

Comment

Working...
              X