A real surprise from Matrox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real surprise from Matrox...

They have actually released a utility that supports overclocking! Why would they do this, in light of their past history of quality and a conservative attitude over all out speed...
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

A) Everybody wanted one, all the other companies are doing them. Matrox decided to keep up with the times.

B) It shouldn't have been a surprise...it's been eluded to and talked about for some time around here
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, the BETA ICD and the overclocker were very nice gestures. I still prefer MGAtweak as I like control over everything

Regular updates to the drivers to fix bugs in a timely fashion is really all I want. Waiting months for bug fixes just isnt acceptable to me. They should have an updater system, like the virus checker AVP

[This message has been edited by rickn (edited 09-14-1999).]

Comment

Well who are the first brave souls that will try this baby out? Me? I'm too comfortable with my g200clk ...
        Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

tried it, can't find any o.c'ing settings for the g200, only vsync, hmmm
          jim
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

don't work with G200, only with G400. I like it, I use it, and I gained 3 fps in q3 with it. My Max is really bad when it comes to overclocking, everything else it can do is satisfying (is that word right spelled?) though.

Now, any good programmers out there who wanna work for Matrox?

Comment

U see, when a G400 chip is overclocked with the Internal Matrox Underclocker, it's frequensies aren't fully utilized. Then, many people like to upgrade the core of the G400, as you said it, overclock it to work @ higher frequencies.

Comment

Hi,

I gave it a go this morning and managed to OC by:

10% stable
                20% shows corruption

havn't tried anything else yet as I had to come to work.

Pige

Comment

How can U overclock a G400 chip when it's already overclocked to work @ higher frequencies?

------------------
                  -=Jimmy=-
                  -=Jimmy=-

Comment

Working...
                  X