Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get a Vanilla G400?

Greetingz,
    Is there a way to get a vanilla G400 or can I only get one by pure luck?
    Thanx

------------------
    -=Jimmy=-
    -=Jimmy=-

Um, if you mean vanilla as opposed to MAX, well, just order the G400 32mb DH, instead of the G400 32mb DH MAX. Simple really.

If you're talking about where in the world are they? Hunt around. You can find one. If you're really desperate, go to matrox' online store.
    The cards must be easy to get hold of now though, cos where I work, a little private computer shop which usually has the new things months after everyone else, we can get them, and MAXes no problem. (UK)

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Thanx Steve but I'm not talking about the simple G400.I hear(or better read) that there are G400's with 5ns SGRAM and gennerally the features of a G400 MAX which didn't though meet the specs of MAX's and R sold as simple G400.I think that's the what a vanilla G400 is.

BTW what R the differences between G400 and MAX.Besides the RAMDAC and the memory(does the G400 use SDRAM and the max SGRAM or what?)is the Graphics Chip different or just overclocked.

------------------
      -=Jimmy=-
      -=Jimmy=-

Comment

The RAMDAC's 360 as opposed to 300Mhz, and yes, the MAX is simply overclocked. (Also the MAX has the faster memory, but in both cases it the same memory type, and the MAX has the fan)

The word 'vanilla' just simply means 'plain'. I understand what you want now - a MAX that didn't quite make it. It is simply pure luck.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Make Mine Chocolate Chip

------------------
          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Unless we're talking Maccy Dee's milkshakes...

Comment

Working...
            X