0 To MAX in 28 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 To MAX in 28 Hours

Just could not wait anymore for my MAX from PC Connection, so I ordered it from Matrox at 8:50 AM Monday. Got lucky with the 3 day UPS service, received it Tuesday at 1 PM. Ain't life grand.
    </a>

Price difference was $17, was initially $20 more for the card but saved $3 on shipping. I just stopped at toll booths on the way to and from work and picked up loose change. Had the $17 in 3 weeks.</a>

Replaced my 16MB G400 and what a boost in performance. Updated the BIOS to 1.5.22, and it said it was the third time. Anyone else see this?

SCompRacer

---------------------------------------------
    P III 500, ASUS P2B-LS w/256 MB ECC RAM, ECC Enabled since 5.13 driver release, dual 9 GB Cheetahs, 10 GB IDE DiamondMax, Plextor Ultraplex/Plexwriter, Hitachi IDE DVD CD ROM, SCSI ZIP insider, G400 MAX, SB Live, Sigma Hollywood + DVD decoder, US Robotics 56K Sportster, UMAX 2400S SCSI scanner, Soundworks 5.1, HP 6P Laser & 890C, LAN & USB enabled. SB Live shares IRQ w/MAX, bus mastering enabled.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Now look at this signature! We are here dealing with a guy who knows what good stuff is!!!

Ghydda, just a bit jalouis about those double Cheetahs...

------------------
    A slowly desintegrating nobody with an Athlon 500 MHz on a FIC SD11 with 256MB Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer DVD-U03S, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD with PowerStrip@110/147

Only thing missing: Matrox RT2000
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Nice move SCR. And I bet you haven't even started overclocking it...

And yes, I had the same 'third time' reported.
      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Hey Ghydda,How do you like the SD11?

<marquee behavior="slide" loop="1" marquee align="bottom" bgcolor="white"
        <font color="#FF0000" size="1" face="Comic Sans MS"><em><strong>sixpac</strong></em></font></marquee>

Amd K6-2 350@452,Fic 503+1.2a,64mb pc100 Mushkin Samsung GH cas2,G200 8mb Sgram,Maxtor 8.4gb,Yamaha Sound

Comment

Hi Scr,

It's normal. We usually flash each card a few times when the cards go thru the board diag phase while it's on the production line.

Haig

Comment

Haig, are you really allowed to say that?

Comment

Scytale, your right about O/C, not yet anyway with the MAX. This weekend though.. got your numbers saved from prior post, will see what I can do. I did find how far you can't go with a 16MB card though. Got real flaky after 190. 185 was the most I could go with it before posting losses and having problems.

I got my P III 500 up to 560 too. Thats as high as my FSB will allow on this MB. Does not run much hotter, so I will leave it there. Some of you have obviously weakened my previous "I don't O/C" position.

Ghydda, since I quit racing, had to have something hi performance. Lots of overhead though. They add a bunch of heat inside the case too so you have to fan 'em alot. May have to sell one though as I want to replace my 8ns ECC memory with 7ns but memory prices doubled and most likely will not drop down much. Memory manufacturer's must have formed a memory OPEC, MOPEC?

Haig, thanks for the input. The card looked too good to have been a previously owned one as suggested in an older post. There were no scratch, screw or drool marks on it at all.
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
              X