Do I NEED my decoder card???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I NEED my decoder card???

I know I'm just a dumb colonial out here in the wilds of Northern Australia, but I have a Creative 5X DVD drive, Creative DXr3 decoder card and G400/32Mb (non-MAX, non-Dualhead). Am I to understand that if I load the Matrox DVD software, I no longer need to run my video via the loopback from G400 to Decoder to monitor, but can just go from G400 directly to monitor???

"From the land of snappin' handbags (crocodiles)"
    Intel P3/500, Gigabyte BX-2000 M/B, 256Mb PC-100, G400 32Mb (Non-DH),
    13.4Gb IBM DeskStar, 6.4Gb Fujitsu, AWE64, 5X DVD, 36X CD-ROM, 17" NEC Chromaclear, Canon BJC-7100 and Canoscan FB620P. Grey cat and a '63 MkII Jaguar.

Yep, that is correct.

However, you can't use the DXr3 decoder card with Matrox DVD software. Remember to uninstall all (I do mean ALL) creative DVD related software prior to installing the other player, or it could get messy!

Ghydda
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Hi.
      You don't realy need to keep your Creative decoder (unless you want DVD playback on TV)
      Before installation uninstall all creative software or better reinstall Windows (it is always better idea and you are 100% sure that there is nothing left in the system registry). DVD playback in in one word BETTER than creative and doeasn't matter if you you monitor or TV out it is still better. In any case you will see what I'm talking here.
      Asus p3b-f p3 600E 512mb ram pc100 G400 sh 16mb sb live x-gamer ibm hd 20gb 7200rpm ide 3com 56.6 modem 3com 905b nic asus 50x plextor 4832 cdrw ide viewsonic gt775 hp dj720 hp sj 4100c Win 2000 pro

Comment

Working...
      X