Still having problems with g400 video bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having problems with g400 video bios

so i tried to uptade videobios with ubioswin.exe,but there comes an error message error code 0x300)how can i fix this video bios its corrupted.and i cant use video bios uptade in dos-mode cause it says out of range.

Did you make a recovery disk when you flashed the first time? It sounds sa if your PINS are screwed and you will have to reflash through DOS and not windows (not a dos box either).

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

impossible it says "out of range"
      i have recovery disk and i used it but i cant know what it does cause i cant see anything when system is booting up,monitor is shut down.i wonder if i could update video bios from dos with my old vga card(pci),matrox still plugged in agp port.if old vga card is plugged in,monitor is normal(on)when booting up so i can use dos and mainboard bios settings if vga card is plugged in.any comments?

Comment

Put in your old card, boot up and go into your bios, set the boot order to A: first, stick in the recovery disk. Change the graphics card for the G400, and power up. Ignore the fact there's no picture on screen, and wait. You'll see the floppy drive being used while the PC boots off the recovery disk. Leave it a few minutes after all has gone quiet. Then off and on, and you should be fine.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Working...
        X