G400 MAX & SCART TV problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX & SCART TV problem

I recently bought a Matrox G400 MAX with Dualhead. I got myself a S-Video extension cord and a SCART -> S-Video converter to connect it to my VCR. When I connected it to my VCR I only got black and white images. I then connected it to the SCART connection on my TV, but this resulted in the same black and white images. My TV also has a direct S-Video connection and when I plugged the S-Video extension cord into this one it worked just fine (in colour). The reason I want to connect my computer to my VCR is, because I can then record my desktop onto a videotape. I've looked at the settings in the Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Dualhead (I'm using Windows 98). I checked under the Desktop TV Settings and the DVDMax TV Settings and made sure the 'Black and White' option was not checked. Furthermore I tried the three different options that are under 'Output cable type (Europe only)'. I only got an image when I put that to Composite or S-video. The other 2 options (SCART - Composite and SCART- RGB) gave a scrambled picture on my TV (also when I recorded a part of it with my VCR I got a scrambled recording).

My question is: What is wrong with it and how can it be fixed. I would like to use the SCART connection on my VCR, but when it only delivers black and white images it is of no use.

Hope someone can help.....

Well, i can't help, but i've got the very same problem. I'm using a s-vhs to scart(video-converter)too, and getting black&white images only. I tried numerous different settings but couldn't get the job done.
    I hope there's a fix for this, because it's very annoying.

Henry
    AMD TB1,2 on a KT7-RAID, A201HT + 17", 396MB, Log. Itouch, G400-32DH, Plextwriter 12x4x32(SCSI), Ultraplex 32x(SCSI), Quantum LM plus 20GB, IBM 40GB, Maxtor 20GB

Comment

Hi Guys,

Are you sure your S-Video -> SCART adapters are the correct type ?

There are such adapters producing B&W picture (I got one with my Sony HI-8). Using a proper cable gets me a colour picture.

Pertti

Comment

Same probs here too - composite works though into the SCART socket. Weird. Also the svhs works if you go into the svhs connector on the tv, so I know the cable's ok.
        I think it's something to do with the SCART socket/converter doesn't have the required pins.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

B&W picture through SCART S-Video, three things to check:

1) you've got PAL output selected rather than NTSC
          2) the SCART socket you're connecting to is S-Video capable
          3) the TV is switched so that the SCART socket is in S-Video mode (eg. AV2-S or whatever)

On a SCART socket the B&W picture information is sent down the composite pin and the colour down a seperate pin, if you're SCART socket isn't in S-Video mode then the TV will display the B&W composite picture.

Comment

Working...
          X