any new g400 flavours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any new g400 flavours

Hi I have heard that the g400 chip is a .25 micron process, is there any news on Matrox produceing a .18 chip any time soon?.
    I wish they could scamm intel into fabing for them!!.
    I am right in assuming the G-series Rainbow runner is a pretty mature item(prices are stable), Cause I want to get one and a g400, I can wait for the G400 as the prcies will drop a fair bit in the next couple o months whereas the RR has'nt changed in price much over the last year.

As with most new video/cpu releases from most manufactuers have similar transisters counts, just implement them differenlty. The geForce thing sound cool but is going to need a large change in software to relly get going but the g400's Bum mapping is a techniuqe that gives good results, using current softwere (bump map,texture map are similar)

PS I have g200 and I will buy a g400 when they go to a smaller process(or better)
    I got stung once with g200 opengl drivers, I am going to a bit more cautious buying vapourware

Ooo, bum mapping. Sounds kinky
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Depends where you do it!

Comment

Working...
      X