95%!!!! WHAT AN INCREASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95%!!!! WHAT AN INCREASE!!!

I JUST INSTALLED THE BETA ICD AND DID SOME BENCHMARKING!!!

I HAVE TOO SAY I'M VERY SATISFIED!!

System Specs: Look at the signature

Q3test 1.08
    Settings:
    Game Options: All on
    1024x768 and everything at MAX!(texture detail geometrix detail filtering z-buffer colours etc)
    Sound @ high

With 5.25 drivers: 12,2 fps
    With 5.25 drivers + beta ICD: 23,2

NOW THAT'S QUITE AN INCREASE!!!

I think Vsynch was off during the tests...Synch every frame was on though!

I'll try disabling ECC and run the test again... It might have an impact on performace...
    Also I'm gonna try disabling the sound and the sync everyframe off option...

I think the beta ICD can handle dynamic lighting better. Moreover it might also have a better multitexturing implementation. I know Q3Test doesn't do multitexturing but all current chipsets do multitexturing anyway (It is not necessairy for the game to support multitexturing for 2 different maps for example).

However some older problems have appeared, such as the fact that at the big hall where Quad Power can be found in Map1 the fps fall considerably. The same happens whenever I fire with the shotgun and I'm close to a wall...

Anyway I hope I haven't done anything wrong with the benchmarking but I double checked everything. I mean I run the benchmarks first without the beta ICD. Then I closed q3test and applyed the beta ICD. Restart. I then run q3test without changing anything and the resulst where really high. I was curious to see whether the settings where altered but everything was there, maxed out...

Hope the next ICD will have a better trilinear filtering implementation though... The corridor at the "Quad Power" hall is awfully smoothed (Even with all the details crancked up).

------------------
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

[This message has been edited by GD (edited 09-13-1999).]
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Have you typed in r_swapinterval 0 in the console? it should give another fps increase...

Comment

Hi

No I haven't. But I wanted to use the highest quality options at the 1024x768 res.

Comment

Working...
      X